Pahiyas sa Quezon


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Quezon » Lucban
February 15th 2012
Published: February 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<span>Pahiyas



It's a Filipino word for "decor". And in Lucban Quezon, this is a very important event that people are looking forward to. Lucky me I had the chance to witness this event last May 15, 2009.

<span>

I've always heard stories about the Pahiyas festival and how grand the celebration is but only until 2009 did I experienced this event. Tropang PG traveled to Lucena on the dawn of May 15. It was just a 3-hour drive fromPasay. Upon reaching the Lucena Grand Terminal, we boarded a jeep going to Lucban. With all our backpacks, everyone is excited to witness the decorations along the streets. As soon as we reached the place, we looked for a nearby restaurant where we can have our breakfast. We tried the lucban longanisa – quite good but nothing special for me. After our breakfast, we went to the Church and had some photos of the place. We also saw some of the float that they will be using for the parade. Everything is made up of the fruits of their harvest and it was so amazing!

Here's a view of the church:



After the church, we started strolling in each of the streets as we look at the different decorations. The place was so colorful and lively. People are very kind. Some even allowed us to enter their houses so we can have a souvenir photo with the decorated houses. It took us about 3 to 4 hours to roam around the decorated houses then we decided to leave the place at around 12nn to visit Kamay ni Hesus – a pilgrim place for Catholics.







Kamay ni Hesus is situated along the highway. The great statue of Jesus Christ can be seen kilometers away. The place was really big and the grotto was so steep. You should make sure have a sound body before attempting to climb. I heard people say that it's about 300 steps. But it doesn't matter, as long as I reach the top.







These are my experiences of Lucban. And if there will be another chance, I want to go back and witness again the Pahiyas. It's a lovely sight plus people are friendly.



http://picasaweb.google.com/erlydevera/Quezon#






Posted at 11:04 pm by ylre
Make a comment Permalink

Jul 25, 2009

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb