Land of the Islands


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Puerto Galera
December 12th 2005
Published: December 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post


Small Laguna Beach, Mindoro Nov. 29 - Dec. 5

Upon arrival to the Philippines, we headed straight away to Mindoro, a large island south of Manila. In the lagunas, we found a small area but nicely built up with mostly dive shops, bars and restaurants. We stayed with this nice Filipino family with 2 small children for Zachary to play with right down from the beach. The island is quite beautiful though the beach itself wasn't great. For my birthday on the 30th, we had a delicious steak and shrimp dinner in front of the sea which comes right up the restaurant stairs at night - high tide. I also did some diving and Justin went snorkelling at Mindoro is supposed to be one of the best places in the Philippines to dive. I haven't been diving since before I was pregnant, going on 3 years now so I was slightly nervous that I'd forget something vital (such as how to breathe) but everything went smoothly and we had a great time drifting along under the water. Near the end, the current was so strong that you just sat back and it pulled you along at a crazy rate until you couldn't see anything around you. Can't wait to do my next diving on the Great Barrier Reef.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb