January 4, 2008 @ White Beach


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Puerto Galera
January 4th 2008
Published: January 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's 10:23am, we're at White Beach. It's really nice here. The water is blue. It's deep however, so deep boats moor here, so swimming is not for the timid. I remember going in a few feet and finding myself up to my neck already.

My friend and I took a tricycle to here from the port. It was 100 Pesos, haggled from 250. The trip took about 20 minutes and it was scenic. We had the ocean and palm trees to our right the whole time.

I think we could have done things better. As soon as we got to town we started looking for a room. We should have checked our bags somewhere and tried not to look too anxious. We found this OK bungalow, with twin beds, a bathroom, and fan for 800 pesos. Later on we found out we could have found something better for 350. But it was really close to the beach.

We finally got some sun. That night we hung out in the room. Then later on we met up with his brother at this Sicilian restaurant by a cliff. The food was great. The owner even gave us free shots of Jager, SALUTE! The owner is from Sicily and designs leather stuff on the side.

The rest of the evening and early morning was fun. We went barhopping. Unfortunately the only bars that showed any signs of life were the one blasting dance music. It was jarring at times because these places are so close to each other. Imagine Britney Spears and Bob Marley being blasted at the same time. They love Bob Marley here.

Yeah, the nightlife was interesting. Interesting indeed. I'll have to write more about it later. Definitely memorable. Will have to show you pics later on.

The beach at night was nice, if you can stand the music blaring in the background.



Advertisement



8th January 2008

dive
how come you didn't dive or snorkel. This place is famous for diving..right?
10th January 2008

Diving
I don't know how to swim
15th May 2008

Great and affordable place to stay
Hi, Yep, White beach is a great place to stay where the waters are very accommodating for swimming. Food is also cheap and nightlife is always as fun with friends. I recommend this place Angelo's Apartelle. It's a great place to stay with your friends. Their family room which only costs Php4,000 per night can accomodate up to 12 persons. Their regular room Php2,000 can accomodate up to five persons. Facilities are good as well. In your room you will have your own bathroom and TV. Rooms are all airconditioned. You will have to reserve 1 week before your visit. Hope i can be of help to you. Their email is angelo.apartelle@gmail.com Enjoy the summer!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb