rainy days


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Pampanga » Clark
June 28th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

rainy days rainy days rainy days

my patio with the rain pounding
raining solidly all day, earlier the rain was so heavy couldnt hear the radio... been raining every day for last couple of weeks, possibly even three.. usually in late afternoon/evening... plus some dramatic lightning storms in the evening. dont remember such a long rainy season in the philippines last year. the sky here can be beautiful though eletric blues and greys and the clouds wrapped around the mountains around mount pinatubo and the magestic mount arayat looming out of the flat pampanga countryside... really can be a beautiful place here. shame its so hard to get photos of the volcanoes from here.
driving around the base (im renting a house here on clark ir base) its incredible how green and luch everything is, amazing how quickly nature takes control here, its a constant battle just to stay on top of the vegetation around the used buildings here, interested to see how ovegrown all the ghost houses are here when the rain stops.
listening to radio 1 over internet most of day working on computer... one of the only things i ever really miss when out fo england is good music, and new music, nice to get a fix, now i have
rainy days rainy days rainy days

my patio with the rain pounding
a good internet connection here. amazingly have just discovered how cheap it is to use the internet via a mobile phone here, 20 pesos for 30 minutes incredible thats cheaper than an internet cafe, and it opens some incredible possibilities.. as the mobile phone networks in the philippines have very very good coverage. cant wait to do some travel in the provinces and use my laptop from cheap hotel rooms.... marvelous!.
cant wait to get moving again, have been hiding here on clark in my rented house, an old air force officers house, mainly to save some money for a while, and trying to earn some for a change. as soon as the rain clears want to get out and start travelling again, this last couple of months has been my most static period in the last 5 years or so... at least im in asia!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb