AMANPULO


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan
October 11th 2003
Published: February 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

birthday sunsetbirthday sunsetbirthday sunset

the perfect backdrop
Peaceful island it is.. one must bathe in its waters and sink their feet in the sand to feel the serenity of the place. What you call postcard-picture-perfect is what you see everywhere you turn your head to here. From the small plane (which is the only way to reach this secret location) you will see islets dotting the ocean and as you descend you notice that you are heading to a runway in one of the islands and then will be surprised how such thing was on a place as remote as this. Propellers turning wildly as i looked out the window amazed by the beauty of the view. I have lived in the Philippines for more than 20 years and I never imagined there would be place as amazing as this in my country. Like i would look at travel magazines and just be jealous of people living in Thailand, The Bahamas, Hawaii or Rio.. when in fact here was a place just as perfect, just a few islands away from my doorstep.

Being a city girl, Polluted air, heavy traffic and high strung people are what I go through everyday... can you imagine how refreshing it is
picture perfectpicture perfectpicture perfect

this is in the philippines!!!
for me? As soon as i stepped on the tarmac i cannot help but close my eyes and take in one deep breath.. How long have i been this far from the crazy city? I cannot remember but i am so happy to be away and here.

The wind smells so clean and so pure.. the sand.. white powder. You will have a hard time dusting it off your toes because it is very fine. the water gently lap on the shore.. as if the sapphire sea is inviting the sand to join him in his kingdom. From the shore, the color of the water is almost white, then next shade would be light green, then dark green, light blue then deep, dark blue. The gradual changing of the color of the sea makes you want to swim into its endlessness and just let it take you.

And there are the sunsets.. Everyday a different one. You will be hynotized by the colors and shades you will see across the sky. Color combinations like blue, orange and yellow was never an option for me until i saw these colors sprawled across the sky for my 22nd birthday sunset.
let me surround youlet me surround youlet me surround you

..the sea to your shore
what a gift!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb