Traversing Palawan - Puerto Princesa, Coron, Busuanga and Calauit Islands


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan
May 26th 2008
Published: June 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Jellyfish at Siete Pecados Marine Park 43 secs
2: Fishes of Palawan 28 secs
Entrance to Kayangan LakeEntrance to Kayangan LakeEntrance to Kayangan Lake

View from Kayangan Cave

Northern Palawan, known as The Calamianes Group of Islands as described by National Geographic is beautiful—extensive fringing reefs, sandy beaches, majestic vertical cliffs, mangrove forests, seagrass beds, and protected bays and inlets.



Again, as part of the summer tradition on my birthday, we planned for a vacation. This time, we decided to go to Coron and Busuanga Palawan. And, as an added treat for me, who loved giraffes, we included Calauit Island as part of the itinerary.

Puerto Princesa, Palawan


We flew from Manila to Palawan via 4pm flight of Air Philippines (a 1 hour flight). Palawan was a place one could get in love with easily. Nature’s beauty could be seen through its abundant trees, green fields, mountains, clear lakes, lagoons, rivers, islands and cream sand beaches. While its non-existent towering malls, fairly good roads, a good number of inns and lodgings with affordable rates and restaurants with refreshing ambiance that serve deliciously cooked seafood, friendly people and zero crime rate made Puerto Princesa, Palawan my best city in the country.

Normally, one would spend a day at the Underground River but we chose to go City touring instead for the reason that it was a bit cloudy that day and rain might drop hard. Our City Tour included a visit to Plaza Cuartel, City Hall, Butterfly Garden, Crocodile Farm, Mitra Ranch and Baker's Hill.

Plaza
Banol BeachBanol BeachBanol Beach

Fine creamy sand
Cuartel, now a park, was once a POW camp during the WWII . This was where Japanese Forces burned almost 150 imprisoned American soldiers. These soldiers hid and were burned inside a tunnel. The entrance of the tunnel was at the left side of the remains of the fort where only one man could fit to go in and out of the tunnel. When you go near the entrance of the tunnel, you would feel the eeriness and at the same time bring to mind history lessons about WWII. In memoriam of those American POWs who died and survived (11 of them) the burning hell, a Memorial Marker was built on top of what used to be the main underground bunkers.

The wall entrance of the Butterfly Garden was decorated with an extra ordinary Palawan map that showed all its islands with drawings that represent them. There were drawings of corals and divers, crabs, ship wrecks, giraffe, deer and other sea creatures. The garden was not that big but interestingly (it was raining awhile ago) at that time we entered, all the butterflies were out and flying. These butterflies were not shy after all. They would even go over
Sunset at Rio Playa, BusuangaSunset at Rio Playa, BusuangaSunset at Rio Playa, Busuanga

Our first taste of sunset at Rio Playa, Busuanga
to your shoulder or fly towards your hand, and were patient enough to finish a photo shoot. There were also live pupae on display. Our visit became a photo session of butterflies, plants and flowers.

I have been to The Crocodile Farm thrice but first for my family. One would always be awed at the sight of the skin of the largest crocodile caught in Palawan. Its bones were also displayed at the building's lobby. At the hatchling house, we shrieked when a baby crocodile snapped at Dennis who was looking and pointing at it and almost caught his finger. We laughed at the excitement after. Only crocodiles and no alligators could be found lurking around Philippine surroundings since crocodiles could withstand warm climates. Anyway, what’s the difference; both were carnivores (flesh-eating).

The Mitra Ranch was closed for a wedding ceremony. It had a newly built garden with stone benches where people can enjoy a picnic with a view of the islands and sea.

It was drizzling by the time we came to Baker's Hill just a few meters from Mitra's Ranch. We chose a good picnic spot, ate the pastries (um so good, especially their pianono
Rio Playa Beach frontRio Playa Beach frontRio Playa Beach front

The River Delta is at the left side where a sand bar appears every afternoon.
and melt-in-your-mouth chocolate crinkles) we bought from the bakeshop and discussed what to do the next day to kill time before boarding the ship to Coron.

Dinner was at Kalui that night, where we savored its cool ambiance and superb food (buttered Blue Marlin and Prawns, mouthwatering fruit dessert (it was for free!) served on a coconut shell).

Coron and Coron Islands, Palawan


The travel via Super Ferry from Puerto Princesa to Coron was 12 hours. The sea trip was smooth compared to their previous sail from Manila to Coron. We heard from one of the crew that the storm hit while they were sailing thru Mindoro waters and were forced to go to another route.

Coron was a small town bustling with handful of tourists and whose locals thrived on tourism. It had tourist lodgings, bistros, souvenir shops, spa, internet café, mom-and-pop stores and several eateries.

Coron Island, a 10 minute boat ride from Coron, is made of small islands of black rocks/stones with inlets of clear aquamarine water. Here you could find hot spring, lakes, lagoons and beaches.

Kayangan Lake and Cave

The boat crew suggested going to Kayangan Lake first,
Testing Panoramic LensTesting Panoramic LensTesting Panoramic Lens

Testing a borrowed panaromic lens while waiting for our delayed plane ride at the airport...
famous for its deep, clear, mix of fresh and sea water. At this time of the year, mosquitoes were in season so we had to put on insect repellant to hopefully ward them off. Going to Kayangan lake as was not expected was a bit an adventure in itself. One has to go up and down a man-made, rocky and wooden stairway of 150 steps. But when you see the lake, aaaaahhhh, ones temporary loss of strength after that difficult climb and descent was overcome by the lake's soothing power. The lake was so calm with no waves coming in and out, even a ripple.

We swam and snorkeled for hours. We saw a lot of shrimps, sword like fish and vast natural formation of rocks at the bottom of the lake. On our way up back, a visit to the Kayangan Cave became a short respite for tired legs and for a view of the entrance of the inlet and lake; the view was breathtaking.

Twin Lagoons

The boat then led us to Twin Lagoons, so called because; this big Lagoon was separated into two by an island with a gap or hole. To go back
PuertoPension SignPuertoPension SignPuertoPension Sign

No brownouts...
and forth the Lagoon required one to swim through this gap or hole. The water here was different from Kayangan Lake. It was again a mixture of clear fresh and sea water but the water coming from the bottom of the lagoon felt warm and cooled as it went up the surface.

We saw a lot of sea urchins, big eyed fish and lot more fish. The idea of coming back here came across our minds when we saw others came with their kayaks. It was a cool idea to go kayaking here. Oh well, we had to come back anyway since we needed to get photos of the lagoon and we forgot to use our underwater camera!

CYC Beach

The trip from the lagoon to the nearby beach was about 15 minutes. And by the time we requested to go to a beach, it was now the afternoon, the tide was low but the waves were strong and the boat cannot go near the shore. We saw a bunch of youngsters eating newly caught sea urchins by the cream-colored shore (Wow, UNI!- I love Japanese food!). The corals where we dropped our anchor were exuberant with
PuertoPensionPuertoPensionPuertoPension

The lodging we stayed in had rustic ambiance and good food
lots of fish and sea creatures (see the video). However, my enjoyment in snorkeling was cut short when I felt a stinging sensation on my arm and I knew a jellyfish was nearby. Indeed, there was a big white one. I panicked and immediately went back to the boat with my son. I would never know how to deal with the pain when I'm stung by it.

The following day was a bit sunnier. We had packed lunch and rented a kayak for two for we wanted to try it on at Twin Lagoons.

Siete Pecados (7 Deadly Sins)

The same boat we hired led us to Siete Pecados, a preserved marine park in Coron Island. The park got its name from the seven (or siete in Spanish) tiny islands that surround the area.

This area had more diverse coral and sea creatures. Jellyfishes were abundant that we were able to record on camera a moving jelly fish underwater (see the video). It was here also that Dennis saw and took a photo of a big colorful clam.

At last we were going to the beach. I longed for the beach, the feel of fine
Plaza CuartelPlaza CuartelPlaza Cuartel

Entrance to the tunnel. Only one person can fit at a time.
sand, warm sun, cool wind and cool sea water. Fine beach sand could provide several purposes; sandcastles, sand bombs, digging and burying something into it for fun and it can be used as a natural exfoliator.

Banol Beach

Banol beach was small and had wooden hut and benches. On the left side facing the sea were large rock formations and one looked like a rhinoceros.

We took advantage of the benefits of fine sand. Rocky, who was now a sand-lover (should be clean fine sand), used his one hour on the beach digging on the sand, then the next few minutes swimming then another hour again playing fight with his Dad with sand bombs, while Dennis and I used the sand for exfoliation.

Twin Lagoons Again

It's kayaking time! Everyone wanted to try. The first ones to go kayaking were Dennis and surprisingly, my son. He was so excited so he donned on his rash guard and Pluto cap. I got surprised that he didn’t wear a life vest - so brave, unlike his Mom. So, we took turns trying the kayak. We even went to the extent of lying down on our backs on
Palawan MapPalawan MapPalawan Map

Map at Butterfly Garden
the kayak just to pass through the hole and go to the other part of the lagoon. Indeed, it was a first for us. We explored the whole lagoon area and sneaked in a little to the open sea. Again, we enjoyed the warm and cool water, took photos and had fun.

Busuanga, Palawan


Our contact in Rio Playa, our lodging at Busuanga, directed us to a well known traveler/van owner/driver to and fro Coron and Busuanga. The land travel lasted for 2 and half hours and the view was wow (again for inadequacy of terms). It was a road trip with view of lush hills, sea, islands, forest, and fields. There were broken bridges that necessitated the van to cross the rivers on tires.

Rio Playa was located at the corner of the Busuanga river delta and Palawan Sea. It had 2 pavilions, several gazebos, big yard, and wide beach front, garden of flowers, plants and trees. We were greeted with fresh coconut juice by friendly host, the chef, the butler and the boat crew. And then we were led to a gazebo with ready lunch of steamed crabs, fish, eggplants, bananas and mangoes.

There
Butterfly at Butterfly GadenButterfly at Butterfly GadenButterfly at Butterfly Gaden

Photo session with a butterfly.
were 50 and 1 things one could do at Busuanga; stay at Rio Playa and do 26 things; visit Calauit, do island hopping and do the rest of 25 things.

Staying at Rio Playa

At the beach, one could swim, jog, lounge on the beach, build sandcastles, catch jellyfish, take photos of the islands, sea, moon, sunrise and sunset, run through the sand bar and watch local kids catch hermit crabs.

At the yard, one could eat at the gazebo, look for dead geckos (the Tokay), play with pet dogs, catch the chickens, climb trees, take photos of the garden of flowers, look for an oriole and watch fireflies at night.

At the river, one could play with nearby fish, go river cruising, and take photos of the river, mangroves and trees.

In the pavilion, one could eat and sleep to one’s heart content, lounge on the sofa, listen to geckos, listen to the oriole’s loud whistling, watch DVD’s and play games.

Calauit, Busuanga

Calauit Island is known for it’s likeness to South Africa, a vast land with grazing zebras, giraffes, deer, impalas, wild boars and various species of birds and other creatures.
Butterfly at Butterfly GadenButterfly at Butterfly GadenButterfly at Butterfly Gaden

Photo Session with a butterfly.
This was for us to see and believe.

The boat ride left early morning from Rio Playa and arrived at Calauit Island 2 hours after. Behind a short uphill from the pier entrance, a field of grass and trees with grazing deer, zebras and horses welcomed the visitors. The gazes from a doe and fawn compelled me to approach and nearly pet them thinking they were friendly. But, they were too reserved. As we walked along a dirt path towards the gazebo, we saw several zebras, nonchalant of us going very near them. We wanted to verify if zebras were white with black stripes or black with white stripes. It turned out that they were black with white stripes.

Giraffes, my favorite animals

At the gazebo, my eyes wandered through the field and guess what; I saw two giraffes in a den. Was amazed by this fascinating sight that I ran towards them and greeted them with a very big smile and loud hello. Was caught up again in a reverie of the past when I first visited the zoo and saw this very, very tall giraffe; I was five years old then. This was when my
Mitra FarmMitra FarmMitra Farm

Mitra Farm lawn
love of giraffes started. I got excited and wanted to feed them. Good thing one of the boat crew knew where to get their favorite food - leaves of local trees called…

We were “fortunate’” that there were giraffes being held captive. But, we pity these giraffes. Caretakers were letting these giraffes rest so that their injuries would heal. One giraffe had an abrasion on her neck suspectedly caused by entanglement between tree branches and the other giraffe had a swollen ankle. Originally, there were 15 giraffes transported to Calauit and now there were 23 living.

Exploring Calauit Island

After our impromptu encounter with the giraffes, we then explored the island hoping to see other giraffes. Calauit had a mini zoo with Palawan bear cats, local porcupines, monkeys and crocodiles. The landscape was like that of South Africa in a National Geographic segment of wild animals. It had 44 zebras, 3 impalas, unnumbered wild boars and over a hundred Calamian deer. A hundred species of trees grow and over 50 species of birds with some migratory ones live on the island. These were not much and nothing compared to the mega-biodiversity in South Africa but the visit was worth it for locals who wanted to experience a mini safari.

Island Hopping in Busuanga

Black Island, an island so called due to black rocks/stones built naturally around the island. The remains (metal parts) of a ship wreck were just beside the shore. A large cave could be found in the island and as per our boat crew, a gold treasure was found inside it a long time ago and this was where Survivor Slovak recently held its reality game. Exploring the island and cave on foot was exciting; the sand was smooth and cold even under a hot day, the path of earth going to the cave was clear with occasional ants, small rocks and lying branches. Several reddish jellyfishes lined the shore making a polka dot pattern. The ocean was very inviting that it was impossible not to enjoy the water and the sun.

Dibutunay Island, one of the most beautiful islands in Busuanga. It had a fairly large fine cream shore, very much conducive for building sand castles, making sand angels and sleeping. The slow swashing of waves to the shore could really pat one to sleep. There were corals and fishes just
Holding a baby crocHolding a baby crocHolding a baby croc

Bee was a bit scared...
fifty meters away from the shore.

Calumbayan Island had a lot of trees, small fishes and crabs along its shore. The water current near the shore was so strong that one could move from one part of the shore to another just by floating. The island has a flat, unobstructed area favorable for a picnic lunch and rest. Here we saw one very active jumping fish that we watched for some 30 minutes.

North Cay Island, the island we could never forget, the last island we went to. The island was a bit small that one could go to the other side of the island in just 100 steps or less. It was 98%!s(MISSING)and with large amounts of shells and dried corals on the shore. A very nice collection of shells and corals could be gathered from the island. We learned from our boat crew that this large amount of shells and corals washed to shore came from damaged coral reefs caused by cyanide fishing. Cyanide fishing then was popular in Palawan and good thing was now banned. The island has a spectacular panorama; clear blue water and view of the other surrounding islands.

Saying Goodbye

Our dessert at Kalui RestaurantOur dessert at Kalui RestaurantOur dessert at Kalui Restaurant

Sumptuous dessert at Kalui, Puerto Princesa, Palawan..served for free

A number of difficult goodbyes were said when we left Palawan. It was difficult for us to leave such a place where we felt the bliss of the sky, earth and sea. It was difficult for us to face reality of going back home, going back to work and going back to school. Most importantly, a great number of new experiences were gained when we were in Palawan; experience of traveling by sea, carrying baby crocodiles, kayaking, going on a mini-safari, feeding giraffes, and a lot more.

And indeed, Coron, Busuanga and Calauit Islands are beautiful with sandy beaches, mangrove forests….- very well described by National Geographic

See other photos at Our Best Photos of Palawan



Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 33


Advertisement

Coron IslandCoron Island
Coron Island

made up of several islands of black stones
Kayangan LakeKayangan Lake
Kayangan Lake

Soothing...
Kayangan Lake EntranceKayangan Lake Entrance
Kayangan Lake Entrance

Bee and Abby enjoyed snorkeling at Kayangan Lake...
Twin Lagoons HoleTwin Lagoons Hole
Twin Lagoons Hole

Going through the hole...Dennis and Rocky kayaking behind..
Corals, Clam and Sea UrchinsCorals, Clam and Sea Urchins
Corals, Clam and Sea Urchins

saw these while snorkeling at Siete Pecados Marine Park, Coron, Palawan


20th July 2008

hi
hi there nice pics! we are planning to go to busuanga palawan and I want to know if you have any recommendations regarding lodging, places to go to (and not to miss) food, etc? thank you very much!
21st July 2008

Where to stay at Busuanga Palawan
Hi, Rio Playa is the best place to stay at Busuanga Palawan. It's exclusive though you have to pay for this privilege, meals are on board (you can cook on your own, but they have the best cook and food is not that expensive), the place is really rustic located by the Busuanga river delta with a beach front (it's at the corner of the river and ocean). I suggest you go island hopping with packed lunch/snacks - Calauit Island, Black Island, Dibutunay Island, Calumbayan Island and North Cay Island. Enjoy!!
30th August 2008

Question on budget
Hi there, i plan to go to Busuanga, is food expensive there? how about kayaking, how much does it cost. If it's okay with you to answer some inquiries, i would appreciate that so much. thanks, lasinen@gmail.com
30th August 2008

Question on budget
Food in Busuanga is not expensive especially seafood. You can buy live crabs from Php 150.00 per kilo. Unfortunately, we didn't try kayaking in Busuanga but we did in Coron Island. In Coron, you can rent a double kayak for Php 300 per day and may cost the same in Busuanga.
1st September 2008

i love it!!!!
good thing you have great cam to capture this awesome place!!! i recently visited El Nido, but looks like Coron, Busuanga is the best!!! will it be that expensive if i travel alone?
1st September 2008

i love it!!!!
It's better if you are in a company of 4 or more. Expenses can be lowered when shared with others. It will be a bit expensive when you travel alone.
7th September 2008

guide?
hi ! looks like a fantastic trip . we are planning an all girl trip in dec. did you go to these places with a guide? is transportation to one town easy to book or do you need to book it ahead or contact a van ahead or time? thanks!
8th September 2008

guide?
The boat crew we hired guided us all the way through while in Coron and also in Old Busuanga. For the trip from Coron to Old Busuanga, the manager of Rio Playa in Old Busunga was the one who suggested the van owner/driver we would hire. We had to book his van ahead of time but we did book while we were on our first day in Coron.
25th October 2008

Any suggestions?
I'm quite attracted to the information posted all over the internet about Busuanga. Do you think you can give me a budget overview about this trip? I'd really appreciate it. My e-mail add is khring2@yahoo.com
26th October 2008

Budget
The budget was about 8,000 - 10,000 per person which includes air fare, sea fare, board and lodging.
7th November 2008

Palawan**^^
Alam niyo ang pangit ng video lahat sobra walang originality ang pangit!!
7th November 2008

Palawan**^^
Okay, next time we'll improve on our videos.
18th November 2008

Help in itinerary/expenses
Hi! My family and I are planning to go there on May also in celebration of my birthday. :) I was just wondering if you can email me your detailed itinerary and expenses, and the contact persons also if possible. I was thinking, maybe we could try both puerto princesa and coron to make the travel really worthwhile. :) Thanks in advance for your help.
28th November 2008

inquiry
hi there, it looks like you had a great trip. thanks for sharing! i'm planning a group trip to palawan for my international friends, and i wanted to do something that incorporated both puerto princesa and busuanga. it looks like this was it. would you please share your itinerary with us? did you use an outfitter? if so, please share the contact. thank you so much!
21st December 2008

best places
would love to do you're itinerary for busuanga/coron but we'll be there for only 3 days. Aside from coron island hopping, what should we not miss?
22nd December 2008

best places
Don't ever miss going to Kayangan Lake and Twin Lagoons
26th December 2008

Whats the best time to go?
Hi. Ive been planning to have a beach/nature vacation with the kids (10, 7, 3) and thinking of going to Busuanga this Feb 14, 2009. Is it a good time to go, weatherwise? How about the crowd at this time? We appreaciate your fine pictures and the effort to share your experience. Good Work!
29th December 2008

What's the best time to go?
I am glad that you liked my blog. Anyway, the best time to go to Palawan is summer time - March to May, though there wont be too much tourists during the month of February. Tip: If it becomes a bit rainy during the week of Feb 14, bring enough insect repellent
6th January 2009

summer trip
me and my coworkers are planning to go to coron this April..i got so excited reading your blog..cant wait to share them your story. the place you stayed is an exclusive resort..you mentioned also yo,spent around 8-10k...can you suggest any cheaper resorts?but worth it also.hehehe..thanks
7th January 2009

summer trip
I am glad you liked the blog. Anyway, we stayed at Darayonan and Princess of Coron when we were at Coron. The exclusive resort we stayed at was in Rio Playa, Old Busuanga. Old Busanga is 2 to 3-hour land travel from Coron. There are a lot of inns/resort in Coron and you can negotiate with the owners regarding their fees which we did. Darayonan and Princess of Coron each has their own good features. I suggest you stay in Princess of Coron because they have a pool, newly built rooms and cheaper rates.
12th January 2009

magakano entrance fee sa Calauit?
Hi! We are planning a sort of honeymoon with tag along friends this february in Palawan... I want to go to Caluit.. How much is the entrance fee to the island and how much is the boat rental from Coron to Calauit... Nice blog by the way... very informative and i would dare say meatier than some websites i have come across with...
16th January 2009

magakano entrance fee sa Calauit?
Thanks for your inspiring comments. Entrance to Calauit costs 200.00 per person. You need to ride a truck which costs 1,500.00 to explore the island. It would not be advisable to go to Calauit from Coron via boat because the distance is too far, the quote for the ride would be expensive and the sea conditions might not be favorable. Hope these will help.
18th January 2009

summer 2009
whoa! seeing your photos and reading such a very informative blog like this gave me goosebumps and i just really cannot seem to wait for our trip on May 1 - 3 got our tickets via cebupacific... hey Eda, we'll be arriving in coron on May 1 around 2pm already, so what do you suggest to do given the fact that we'll have insufficient time to island hop that day? we'll hop the islands early morning the next day May 2... How much is the room rate per night in Princess? we're like 7 people. your response will be highly appreciated. thanks. alex
20th January 2009

summer 2009
I am so glad that you liked the blog. Anyway, must sees in Coron are Siete Pecados, Kayangan Lake, Twin Lagoons then Banol Beach where you can have lunch. You may still have time for CYC Beach. Last time we were quoted 1,800.00 a night, extra bed 200.00 at Princess of Coron. Thanks for the inspiring comments.
25th January 2009

Great Blog
I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your blog! It's very descriptive and you give a lot of useful information. Been coming back here as I am planning our trip to Busuanga this Feb. I really liked the Coron pics, but unfortunately, we're only staying for 3 days (Thu -Sat), so we technically only have 1 full day to go around. I got to talk to Jun (Rio Playa) who recommended that we just go to Calauit and Busuanga island hopping, instead of Coron. :( It'd be too time-consuming if we still have to go to Coron. Maybe next time. Anyway, super thanks again. Hope you don't mind if I email you again for more info!
26th January 2009

Great Blog
Hi Cheryl, I appreciate your comments very much. Glad you have made a decision to go to Old Busunga instead (you won't regret it for sure). You can email me anytime for any info you want. Have fun!
17th February 2009

Itinerary
The photos are great! My friends and I are planning to go to Coron this May, and I can't wait. Would you happen to have an itinerary we can use? Kindly send it to my email address. thanks
8th March 2009

IT & Budget
Hi, you have a very nice blog.. Were going also to Busuanga, Palawan date May30-June01. Can you please send me your Itinerary and budget for your trip Or possible IT and places to visit. Thank you in advance.
11th April 2009

coron
can u please send me your iterinary and budget. tnx a lot.. nice blog..
11th April 2009

rio playa
how much is the rate per nyt in rio playa beach?.. is the place comfortable? tnx.. kindly email me,, tnx
13th April 2009

coron and rio playa
Hi Maria, Thanks for reading my blog. I have sent you thru email the details of our trip. Hope this will help. Regards. Eda
14th April 2009

Question on everything..
Hi..Good day..i read your blog and it was really informative..It was really a big help especially to the first timer in palawan like me..Me and my friends are already booked in Busuanga on June 6-9, 2009 and I just want to ask if what are you going to recommend us like first places to go, where is the practical place to eat, lodging and all the details that we need to make our trip goes smoothly..i hope to hear from you soon..God bless..
19th May 2009

very Informative
Hi! I stumbled upon your blog and it is quite informative. I'm flying to Puerto Princessa this Saturday and will explore Palawan until Friday. Me and my friends just plan to go where our feet will take us. :) I have a question though. I have not booked my return trip to Manila yet. Do you think it would be best to come from Busuanga airport instead of me going back to Puerto Princessa to take the flight from Manila?
6th June 2009

hi!!! i found your blog interesting. my officemates are planning to go to busuanga this august. i know it is rainy season but that is the only available slot for us to have a short vacation from work. i need your help badly. first , is it ok if you send me itinerary of the palawan trip. we are planning to go to busuanga and puerto princessa aug 1-4. second, can you tell us where to go for accomodation. we are low budgeted citizens but dreaming to go to the island paradise. lastly, can u tell me the fastest and cheapest way going to puerto prinsesa from busuanga? i will greatly appreciate your response. thank you.
7th June 2009

Hi Chai, Glad you find the blog interesting...sent you an email regarding your queries...and have fun!
16th July 2009

Hi, we are planning to go to busuanga and coron this nov. can you please send me your iterinary and budget? how much is the rate per nyt in rio playa beach? also, if you have the contact number of the van. i would appreciate it. thanks! =)
14th August 2009

inquiry
my friends will go to palawan on nov. I thought busuanga and coron is the same. anyways, we are only staying for 3days and 2nights.. can you please advise what activitirs we can do? would you recommend island hoppin?
19th August 2009

itirenary
Eda thanks for the very informative blog. I'm going to Palawan in October, do you think we can do all the activities you did in 3 days? Can you e-mail me your itirenaries? I'm travelling with my 13 and 16 year old children.
25th August 2009

inquiry
Hi Amabel, i have sent you an email regarding activities you can do while in Coron
25th August 2009

itinerary
Hi Rona, kindly check your email. I have sent you our itinerary. Enjoy!
25th August 2009

palawan island entrance fee
hi there...nice blogs,,great to read. we are actually going to busuanga on sept 5,6 7. but we did not avail some of the packages. but we are not also pretty sure if all islands have entrance..could you please give us an itenerary. thank you so much.
31st August 2009

fantastic
Hi Your blog is very informative and I am not surprised at all to see that there are a lot of people asking for your advices for their itineraries....and I am one of those. We are planning to go to Puerto and Busuanga from April 6(latest available flight) to Aprill 11 (latest available flight). Can you advise me or give a suggestions on how we can make the most out of this trip. I will only be travelling with my husband and our only child. Will it be easier to travel by land from puerto to busuanga (or vice versa). Would you know how long the travel time is? Thak you very very much.
31st August 2009

palawan island entrance fee
Hi Khaye, please read your email. And yes, all the islands have minimal entrance fees per person.
31st August 2009

inquiries
Hi Irene, please check your email, sent you the details. Enjoy our islands!
11th September 2009

advise
very nice blog, informative. we are going home in jan 2010 from canada and i would like my 3 kids to see palawan, we have a week to do it. can you email me your itinerary with your hotels and prices if you may, thanks and appreciate it.
18th September 2009

Van for rent contact number
Hi there, my friends and I are going to Palawan this Oct. I see you have rented a van for your tour. May I please have the number of the driver or van owner if you still have it. Thanks :)
22nd September 2009

nice blog....
hello eda... gud pm.... nice blog... but can you please email me also your detailed itenerary and expenses.. my family are planning to visit busuanga/coron this dec... thanks for the help.....
23rd September 2009

nice blog....
Hi Ms. Christianne de Leon, kindly send me your email addy. Thanks.
13th October 2009

help!
i was surfin the net for some tips on traveling from puerto princesa to coron. and i saw ur blog. i must say, reading it makes me more excited about planning our palawan escapade with some friends/family. just would like to know if u can send some of the details to me particulary on the budget, where to stay, "getting there"since we're from cebu, where to eat, "must-see places", and other fee. thank you very much! p.s. we want to make this trip BUDGET friendly but very fun..hope you can help us!
15th October 2009

itinerary
hi eda. nice blog. my family and i are planning to go to palawan this november. which would you suggest that we go to??? we are a family of beach bums and we like snorkeling a lot and kayaking. puerto princesa or busuanga and coron. or both??? can you pls send me your itinerary and budget for all pls including the vans etc??? and the rate per nyt of rio playa beach. i would really appreciate it. thanks in advance. hope to hear from you soon.
12th November 2009

please
hi there.. we're planning to go there next year.. January i guess..can u please send me the itinerary and quotation... and btw, where can we stay at busuanga.. we're looking for a cheap place to stay in.. thank you... jm_galang086@yahoo.com
24th November 2009

Busuanga to Calauit Safari
hi..your blog is very interesting. I'd like to ask from you on how much would it cost from busuanga to Calauit Safari? Is boat the only option on going there? In your blog you mentioned it takes two hours by boat, is it two hours by boat each way? does the boat leave from rio playa direct to Calauit? Your response is highly appreciated and thank you for your time.
2nd December 2009

nice vacation!!!
very nice blog.. anyway, how did you go from puerto princesa to busuanga/coron?please teach us... we wanted to experience underground river in puerto princesa and kayangan lake/twin lagoons in coron...
2nd December 2009

itinerary
i have the same query as come people here. can we make it from busuanga to puerto princesa (for the underground river) and back to busuanga in 4 days? pls pls pls help us... thanks...
7th January 2010

Coron to Puerto Princesa
Hi! I and my friends will go to Coron on April 29 to May2. I'm planning to visit my relatives in Puerto Princesa afterwards. What would you recommend on how can I reach Puerto Princesa from Coron (I mean the cheapest way and most convenient) and vice versa. Thanks!
13th January 2010

Puerto princesa going to Coron
We are already book to Puerto Princesa on Feb 7 to Feb 11. We are thinking of going to Coron or Caluit to explore more of Palawan. Whats the fastest route goin to coron or calauit with out going back to manila. How long does it take. Im saw in your blog its 12 hour by super ferry is it realy that long. Do you have other suggestion aside from the traditional tourist spot in Puerto Princessa. Hope to hear from you soon.
14th January 2010

Coron to Puerto Princesa
Hi Allan, The cheapest will be by ship, Super Ferry or Negros Navigation but the most convenient will still be by plane but more expensive. Hope this helps.
14th January 2010

Puerto princesa going to Coron
Hi Garrie, You can go to Coron from Puerto Princesa by ship (slow but cheap) or plane (fast but expensive). However, the airport is at Busuanga, so you need to travel by land for an hour to go to Coron. You can visit the Underground river and Honda Bay. Hope these help.
4th February 2010

request for detailed itinerary
hi! nice blog... my friends and i are planning to go there in April 1 - 3, 2010.. pls email me your detailed itinerary and expenses, and also the contact persons.. i was thinking to try to travel the same way you did.. fr mla to puerto princesa and then to coron... i could extend my stay 1 day (april 4) if need so.. then from coron back to manila... kindly send it... please help me and i will really really appreciated it.. thank you so much... emvhie_3AG@yahoo.com
16th February 2010

old busuanga
hi! great blog! you actually made me decide to spend another two days in busuanga after coron. pls send me your itinerary and cost. thanks a lot and keep on blogging!!!!
20th February 2010

Itinerary
Hi! Your blog is very informative and heightened my desire to go to Calauit Island. My husband and I are going to Puerto Princesa this July for 6 days and I was hoping if I can fit the trip to Calauit Island. Can you please email me your itinerary as well as the accommodations that you can recommend? Thanks.
20th February 2010

Itinerary
Hi! Your blog is very informative and heightened my desire to go to Calauit Island. My husband and I are going to Puerto Princesa this July for 6 days and I was hoping if I can fit the trip to Calauit Island. Can you please email me your itinerary as well as the accommodations that you can recommend? Thanks.
20th February 2010

request for detailed itinerary
Hi Vhyck, Thanks! Please check your email...and you're welcome!
20th February 2010

old busuanga
Hi Doods, Please let me know your email address so I can email you the itinerary. Thank you for liking the blog!
20th February 2010

Itinerary
Hi Litlit, Glad that you liked the blog. Please send me your email address so I can email you back the itinerary.
22nd February 2010

Transportation Coron-Busuanga
Is there a public transport alternative? What is the schedule to-from Coron-Busuanga?
17th March 2010

may i have your email address
Hi Eda, Very nice and informative blog......... I would like to be able to communicate with you by email to get tips on a trip to Busuanga and El Nido that I am planning for my balikbayan inlaws this coming january. we need to do the planning this early so they know how many days they will need to file for vacation leave :) many thanks and regards....
24th March 2010

hi! i came across your blog and it's very informative. we are planning to go to Palawan )with no specific place in mind yet) on April 30 to May 3... I hope you can share your itinerary, some tips and the expenses incurred when you visited Palawan. we really have no idea where to go and what to do exactly so i hope you don't mind giving us some tips. thanks! =) julie4jc@gmail.com
9th April 2010

request for detail itinerary
hi eda..your blog is very informative n it really inspires me to pursue my dream to explore d fantastic palawan...Hope u can send me your detail itirenary. thank u for d blog n GBU...
28th April 2010

question on transpo
hi po.... im searching for the available transpo from coron to puerto princesa.. me and my friends will travel this coming may2-7.. we will arrived at busuanga on may 2 but our plane reservation on going back to manila will be on may 7, 10am at puerto princesa airport.. so i'm wondering what is the best possible itinerary for us plus the budget so that we can enjoy both coron and puerto princesa city... thanks po in advance!!!! pls email me: kianamel@yahoo.com
28th April 2010

Itinerary in your email boxes
Hi Melissa, Khool and Julie, Please check your emails. I have sent our itinerary and expenses incurred. Have fun! And, thanks for liking the blog!
29th April 2010

puerto princesa-coron-puerto princesa
hi there! i find your blog really informative. thanks for sharing. can i have a copy of suggested itinerary to maximize our trip this coming sept. what's the best way to go to coron coming from puerto princesa?! considering we're on a budget. thanks so much! :)
6th May 2010

help
hi good pm! we are planning to spend our first anniversary in busuanga. can you please send me you itinerary and your budget for the entire trip. thank you very much
9th May 2010

itinerary inquiry
hi eda, thanks to your blog- id like to know if you can suggest an affordable place and tour package in coron?i am going there alone on may 27th and i'm kinda freaking out since i'll be alone all of my friends suddenly can't make it and i got tickets already i can't have it moved so i decided to take the trip alone.ur suggestion will be very much appreaciated.thank you
22nd May 2010

itinerary for coron busuanga
hi ms. eda...my friends and I are planning to go to Busuanga-Coron on Dec 2010. Is it ok to go there at that time of the year? Can you send me your itinerary, contacts, where to go and budget? thanks! my email add is roanguerrero@yahoo.com. thanks!
10th June 2010

Hey
OMG! I love this blog! I wanna ask if there are other alternative transportation arrangements if I will be coming from Puerto Princesa- Coron/Busuanga. And how long it would take to get there. If it's not too much to ask, can you send me an itinerary for a 4D-3N trip? thanks a lot!!!
11th June 2010

Puerto Princesa in 7 days
I booked a tripto Puerto Princesa for 7 days, unfortunately I am arriving/departing in Puerto thus I would need advice on what is best way to see Coron and possibly Calauit as well. Should I just eat the change fee (~2k) and rebook my departing flight from Coron?
15th June 2010

request for itinerary
hi eda, me and my wife planning to visit puerto princesa and coron, busuanga from 15-20 aug 2010, pls send me your suggested itinerary including expenses to tigershiok@hotmail.com thanks
18th June 2010

hi looking for a tour
hi there! we already booked july 17-july 20 puerto princesa.. 8 persons. but we want to visit coron. we like to stay 1 day (july 17) in puerto princesa since we will arrive there in the morning and by boat going to coron. pls let me know how much we will need to provide for the trip.. pls email me.. corrs_villegas3@yahoo.com.. thanks.. hope you can help!
23rd June 2010

Those who requested for Itineraray
Hi Tiger, Mims and Roan I have emailed the itinerary. Enjoy Palawan! EDA
23rd June 2010

hi looking for a tour
Hi Corrs, I have emailed you our actual expenses during the trip. EDA
23rd June 2010

:)
this entry is very helpful. thank you for posting. would you mind if i also request for the itinerary w/ costing? am planning to go there in august and i have no idea where to start. thank you in advance.
26th June 2010

request for detailed itinerary
Hi Naomi, Sent the itinerary, please check your email. Glad that the blog helped and thanks!
11th July 2010

Helpful entry
Your entries are helpful. Can I have a copy of your itinerary? Thank you
6th August 2010

coron first timers
thanks so much for this blog post! :) how much would you think is the cost per head if we are just two? can u send me the itinerary also? thank you!
6th September 2010

hi..
HI.. paano ko kaya makukuha ung contact number ng nag a2laga sa giraffe ng calauit island? tnx
6th September 2010

help me pls
how can i get the contact number of giraffe administrator in calauit palawan tnx...
27th September 2010

help me pls
Hi Heidi, Sorry, I don't know any contact numbers in Calauit Island.
30th November 2010

beautiful busuanga
hope i can go there someday! (i'll keep my fingers cross)
7th January 2011

looking for puerto pricesa to coron tour
hi! we are planning to visit puerto princesa on march 13-16 2011. my hubby wants to visit also coron. is there a tour from peurto princesa to coron? thank you.
10th April 2011

which is better?
which is more beautiful? to stay in puerto princessa or in coron?
7th May 2011

Calauit
Hi! I hope you still blog and that this reaches you. I was wondering how much it would cost to go to Calauit and how to arrange the trip there. Thanks!
13th May 2011

which is better Puerto Princessa or Coron
Coron and its islands are still better i think...more places to go to...
10th August 2011

Caluit
Hi, From Old Busuanga, you can hire a boat going to Caluit Island, cost may vary. We paid about 5 thousand - to and fro

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb