The gateway to Palawan


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan » Puerto Princesa
January 30th 2013
Published: March 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It took me a night bus from Chiang Mai, 12 hours waiting at Bangkok airport, a 3 hour flight to Clark, a two hour bus ride to Manila, another 10 hours of waiting in Manila and a short one hour domestic flight to arrive in my final destination, the gateway to Palwan: Puerto Princesa. I spent about 3 days in this crowded and (despite its reputation) dirty city. The main reason was to meet up with my travelbuddy and extend my tourist visa, as I would be spending more than 21 days in the Philippines. I stayed in a small hostel called Chilli Backpackers, unfortunately a 30-50 bus tricycle ride from the city proper. The visa extension was quick and painless, we were in and out of the immigration office within about an hour.

There is not a whole lot to do in Puerto Princesa exept for walking around and discoveing delicious Filippino fast food, such as the Jollibee, that I have come quite fond of.

On our last day before heading to El Nido we hired a tricycle to take us to the nearby crocodile sancuary, which was pretty cool. We saw some huge endangered Filippino crocs, some babies and a few funny birds and other animals living in this sancuary.

We were quite happy when we boraded our mini van headed for the famous and stunning top north of Palawan, El Nido


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0839s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb