El Nido


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan » El Nido
September 1st 2007
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

el nido


El Nido has to be one of the most beautiful scenic areas that I have ever been to. Its bays and countless islands are amazing. Most are made up of eroding limestone and shoot up from the water. There are hidden beaches everywhere, so finding one to call your own for the day is very, very easy.

Shortly after getting to El Nido I teamed up with a mixed crew. There was William (New Zealand), Nadine (Germany), Sisters Bora and Sunmi (Korea), and Andy (England). Every day we did island hopping tours with the great guide Mascardo Villaraza (mobile +639192034199). He made sure that we were never rushed and saw exactly what we wanted. His wife and son helped out on board and would join us during some great snorkeling sessions. During our days out on the water it just kept getting better and better with the scenery. I could have easily taken a thousand postcard type photos. The best part was that it was low season, so it was all to ourselves. It really felt like we were in a special, secret paradise.

My time in El Nido removed even the slightest trace of stress from me. It is an amazing, unique place. I could see coming back over and over again and being happy every time.

Next stop Coron.



Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



5th September 2007

Magnificient! Spectacular! These are the pics I will envision when I'm meditating!
5th September 2007

Boomerang Route?!
I have read your blogs. Great stuff! But why did you return back to the Philippines? Just curious.
5th September 2007

Nice Hut
Perhaps I'll visit you when you have settled in to your new home in El Nido. Don't forget to stock up on coconuts...
6th September 2007

In spirit im with you (and not in rainy and cold Munich)
Hey dude, in case you need a little stop on your way back to Hawaii and feel like you havent seen enough sharks yet, then Fiji-Pacific harbour, might be worth checking out. They do shark feeding there, but without cages. When I went diving there, we were surrounded by 8 bull sharks at one time - and if youre really lucky, a tiger shark might show up too. Definitely a very memorable dive! (oh and lots of cute tourists there too)
7th September 2007

spectacular!
Hey E, These pics are breathtaking. That pic of "snorkel hide and seeks" looks like you're on another planet.
22nd September 2007

Gorgeous!
Gorgeous pictures!!! What a beautiful place! How do you leave a place like that??!!!

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 110; dbt: 0.109s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb