The paradise of 'Cacnipa Island' {Cath}


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan » Cacnipa Island
September 20th 2008
Published: September 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

From now onwards, whenever I picture paradise, I will picture Cacnipa.

We got here the long way from Sabang -Jeepney from Sabang to Salbation, Van from Salbation to San Vincente, boat from San Vincente to Port Barton, and then finally, a boat from Port Barton to Cacnipa. But BOY was it worth the effort!
(-you can also take the far more time efficient and less hassel way and take a boat straight there from Sabang...)

We were welcomed by a stretch of soft white sand, palm trees and water so clear we could see the coral dancing under the waves as the boat passed over it. The whole island seems to be sureal. I don't know how a place like this has managed to stay such a secret for so long. We shared the island with 2 other couples, the handful of friendly staff running the resort, and a couple of hammocks strung up under the palm trees on the beach. All in all... if it's island life you want, I don't think you could get much better than this!

As far as the resort goes, it's all you could ask for. You need to order your dinner
View from our BungalowView from our BungalowView from our Bungalow

Waking up among the palms
by 3pm so that the staff can go a buy the groceries in Port Barton. The meals are outstanding. The rooms range from double room dorms for P500, a Bungalow without a fan for P600, and one with a fan for P700. It really is an amazing place.

There is not much to do on the island. While we were there, we hired snorkelling kit and snorkelled around the coral just off the beach (but with water that clear, all you need to do is stand on a boat and look down! 😊) , we hiked a short hike in the jungle on the mountain behind the beach, played chess and and learned a few new card games with our new friends.

Unfortunately the weather was not great the whole time while we were there. The tail end of a typhoon swept through, changing our islanding hopping and snorkelling plans... but there are worse places to be stranded... I guess this is why it's the low season 😊

Our stay was 3 days of utter relaxation, complete bliss on a treasure island.... rain and all 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



29th September 2008

Man...
Paradise indeed! Great pictures there.
3rd October 2008

Thanks!
I love reading your post about Palawan. we're going there tomorrow so your piece got me terribly excited! I love your vivid description about the place and the people! =) Thanks!
14th October 2008

Palawan
It really was a great town, I hope you love it as much as we do! :) Do you have a blog that you're keeping?

Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 34; qc: 154; dbt: 0.1569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb