On the road


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Negros » Dumaguete
December 19th 2018
Published: December 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Following on from MoalBoal our next scheduled destination was a few days away for Xmas. To fill in the time I planned a side trip down to an island called Siquijor. I had read that it had some of the best snorkelling around the area. To get there was a bit of a mission.

Step 1. Take a tricycle to the main road. These tricycles are a smallish bike, our first one was a Honda 125, with a side car which could squeeze 4 people in so just enough room for Shelley and I.

Step 2. Catch a bus to a bus station close to the port at the south of the island. Our first bus journey the previous day was a disaster. We had chosen seats at the front which I physically couldn’t fit in so spent the trip wedged into the aisle. The trip to the port was a little easier, having discovered that seats down the back are bigger but the ride is bumpier.

Step 3. Go from bus station to port. At the end of the bus trip we had to cover the last 2 km’s on the back of a bike. Travelling with only one pack each makes this possible.

Step 4. Ferry crossing to a place called Damuguette. This ends up being a town without much to do and was where our first misadventures happens.Shelley had an unfortunate slip on a wet plastic bag on the dodgy sidewalks and ended up with nasty bruise to her knee and has probably done a minor ligament tear. Icing it and doses of anti inflamatories to the rescue.

Ended the day finding a cute restaurant themed like Alice through the looking glass. Tomorrow just one more ferry and a tricycle ride to complete the sector.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb