ASIA'S LATIN CITY


Advertisement
Asia » Philippines » Mindanao » Zamboanga City
February 6th 2010
Published: February 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Zamboanga, the city is commercially branded for tourism by the city government as "Asia's Latin City," a clear reference to Zamboanga's identification with the Hispanized cultures of "Latin America" or the USA's "Latino" subculture.Officially, the City of Zamboanga (Chavacano de Zamboanga/Spanish: Ciudad de Zamboanga). Zamboanga is a corrupted word for the Bahasa Sug jambangan, which means garden.... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 76, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Fort PilarFort Pilar
Fort Pilar

bananas in the grounds of the fort
Fort PilarFort Pilar
Fort Pilar

weird crab on exhibit
Fort PilarFort Pilar
Fort Pilar

classic Chabacano
Fort PilarFort Pilar
Fort Pilar

the vinta boat
Fort PilarFort Pilar
Fort Pilar

Muslim graveyard facsimile



15th February 2010

Amazing article and awesome pictures. Loved reading your blog...I was searching for Phuket Hotel Deals on the Internet when I came across your blog. I love reading travel blogs and that's why have bookmarked your blog :) hope to read more of similar postings...
15th February 2010

What a wonderful blog! Thanks for sharing! Several times I thought of writing my own blog, but never had that patience. But your article has inspired me so much that I've started to write about my Travel to China. Lets see if I can do justice to it :)
8th June 2010

Alguna página de turismo en castellano o chavacano??
Me parece muy interesante esta ciudad y las playas, quisiera visitarla, pero hay poca información en castellano o chavacano (que hasta donde he leido. lo entiendo bastante bien). Bueno, espero tengan información, hasta luego!
10th July 2010

your blog.
Great photos. And the info is very helpful. So there aren't anymore passenger boats to Sandakan via Zamboanga> How about Lombok or Sulawesi via other ports in Southern Philippines? Hope you could enlighten me dude. Thanks.
27th February 2011

the only latin city
I am proud to be part of asia's latin city which is Zamboanga city.
24th April 2011
Paseo del Mar, Zambo waterfront

PASEO DEL MAR
One of the finest developments in the City of Zamboanga near the Fort Pilar. Your photos shot of the view and different locations bring good memories to those Zamboanguenos and Zamboanguenas living abroad. Thank you. - Peter Shearer / USA
20th September 2011

Contact details of DOT Zamboanga
Hi, Do you have the contact number of Arlene of Department of tourism? I was trying to call the landline number of their office but I cant get through. Me and my friends are coming this October 11 in Zamboanga and I wanted to have an advance reservation (if any) going to Sta Cruz Island. The island is really fascinating and I am more excited to visit the island after reading your blog. Thanks a lot. C5
20th June 2012

Awesome blog!!! Had the same experience with the trike incident by the way. Sadly, the Pasonanca Mountain Park is not as famous as it used to be. There are new places that i have personally visited and saw on the local tv in Zamboanga City. * Paseo Del Mar is now a hub for foodies and alike. Best time to be there is still sunset. With a bottle of beer and a platter of mixed seafoods, you can enjoy seeing the majestic sun slowly eaten away by the sea. If you miss the old Baywalk in Manila, then this is the place for you. They even copied the lighting. Remember the ball-shaped colored street lights? Best part is, there is secure parking because the City developed it to be tourist friendly. A dancing fountain was also added to the attraction a couple of months ago. * Waterfalls are a new attraction. I heard there are several but the one I saw on tv is the Kambal Falls. The name speaks for its self. Two waterfalls having the same stream of water. The other one is situated at a higher level and flows through the second one going down. * For those who are less adventurous, two newer malls were built less than a couple of years ago. Gateway and Southway. Not associated with the Mall Giants in Manila though. If you are looking for familiar places where you can eat, there\'s Jolibee, Mcdonalds, KFC, Greenwich, Chowking, Goldilocks, Red Ribbon, and even Gerry\'s Grill and Max\'s Restaurant. * Lucky for me I have relatives in Zamboanga so I didn\'t find a hard time looking for a place to crash. * If you have extra cash to spare and into a more luxurious setting, the recently expanded Garden Orchid Hotel offers the best fill. It is also just across the airport so for business travelers and alike, this is the place for you. There is also a good restaurant beside the hotel called the Village. They have the best Chicken Barbeque that i have ever tasted in my whole life! Other food items are also above average and is surprisingly affordable.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb