8 Waves


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
January 6th 2013
Published: January 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

8 Waves - January 6



Everyone is completely buggered after yesterday's Pinatubo Trek so a quiet day. First item on the agenda was to visit Squish Dad's grave. I thought this was going to be a relatively short rund trip so took my camera and nothing else. Turns out NOTHING is a short trip from our base in Apiad. 3hrs to get to and through Manila and then another hour the other side. After respects were paid to Squish's dad it was decided to take the kids to 8 Waves, a wave pool 'resort'. After stopping by the supermarket and buying 9 sets of swimming cozzies we went there. 250p/head to get in and then another 800p to hire smoewhere to sit - 4300p in all (approx $100). Don't know how the locals afford it given the average daily income is of the order of 300pesos per day.



On the way home we stopped for dinner in Paseo Santa Rosa. I asked Arthur is this was a 'wealthy' area and he said "Yes . . . . Why do you ask?" It was the number of fat Filipinas there as a proportion of the sample population, and I'm not talking fat by Filipino standards, but WADDLING FAT. It was actually a surprise to see as many people in that state as I did.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb