Day 8 Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
July 17th 2019
Published: July 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 8

We slept in.. well until 8.30am. The Air BnB didn't offer breakfast as we were used to in hotels and resorts but as we craved plainish food we were happy to find a diner offering french toast.

We thought we would make the most of the warmer weather and chill by the pool. As a guest, we had to pay to use the pool. It cost us $5AUD each but it was worth it to just lounge around and soak up the warm weather. Kym played his uke and I read and it was nice to do nothing.

Deciding that our adventure would be the Ocean Marine Park we grabbed a Grab and spent the afternoon wandering around the park. A sealion show, creepy crawly exhibit and of course plenty of tanks with an assortment of marine life including rays and sharks.

They offered a mermaid experience but of course I didn't need that. They also offered a swim in the tank (10 mins) with the sharks, rays and gropers which sounded cool in theory but I always worry about how having us in a tank affects these beautiful creatures that are not in a natural habitat. The park was about ocean conservation but you still wonder about the ethics of how all the marine life got there in the first place and the psychological ramifications we have on them by being in their territory.

Grabbing a few cocktails: a zombie and long island iced tea plus a serving of Marlin Steak and Tuna Belly and a shared dessert of Halo Halo (recommend all of this) from Gerry's Grill we were so full before we watched the final show; a water and lights show that was actually pretty cool.

Back at the Air BnB a Swedish couples massage (its not as kinky as it sounds) had us feeling really relaxed and we couldn't be bothered having dinner so some crackly fish snacks and a couple of rhums and Netflix was another night in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Chilled out starfishChilled out starfish
Chilled out starfish

Reminds me of Patrick
DinnerDinner
Dinner

Ummm yeah


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb