Malaspacua


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Malapascua Island
January 5th 2011
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We"ve been on the island 5 days or so. Loving the very laid back life style. Local people are extremely warm and engaging. No Americans here, but we"ve met people from Australia, England, Scottland, Germany, and elsewhere.
Meals are good, but it is best not to have expectations on what any particular dish might taste like. The rum is less expensive than the cokes are. San Miguel is the beer of choice. Meals are generally very reasonable, $4 to $8 on average.
We've been diving one or two tmes a day, and will receive our open water Padi certification. The corals are gorgeous and colorful. The fish are brilliant, although relatively small as the waters have been fished out, and they do "dynamite" fishing which obviously decimates the fish population. Our instructor Angus, is a great fellow from Scotland, and a very competent instructor. Q and C's friend Kate from England has been fun to get to know, and their dive buddy Ian from England is absolutely hilarious. Exploring the island on foot is always an adventure discovering new little coves and beaches.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Carly and the kidsCarly and the kids
Carly and the kids

We brought these little beach balls and gave them out to the children. they were a big hit
The LocalsThe Locals
The Locals

Katie from England in the red
Haggling for motorbikesHaggling for motorbikes
Haggling for motorbikes

$10 for four hours
QUinnQUinn
QUinn

Carly's man
Carly's Dive Master initiationCarly's Dive Master initiation
Carly's Dive Master initiation

To complete the divemaster certification, they fill that enormous funnel with boooze and make you shoot it. Trick is you can't breath while wearing the dive mask. Everyone throws up afterword. What fun.


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb