Barangay Rabanes Elementary School


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Luzon » Zambales » Iba
November 27th 2012
Published: December 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

One of the sites we surveyed that will be getting not only a facelift but also two additional classrooms built is an elementary school in Barangay Rabanes, Zambales. I have said it many times, but the most enjoyment I get out of traveling with my job is the opportunities I get to interact with many different people, and in particular the children. This series of photos attached to this entry was taken when we visited the school, and as you can see, the kids love the camera and getting thier pictures taken. Although these people in most cases have far less than we have, and these children aren't as blessed with much of the things our own children take for granted, they always have smiles on thier faces.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Barangay HallBarangay Hall
Barangay Hall

This is the Barangay (Village) Hall in Rabanes, Zambales, Philippines. The Barangay Hall basically serves as the Community Center for the Village.
Barangay BoysBarangay Boys
Barangay Boys

These boys were playing basketball at the Barangay Hall when our vans pulled up. When they saw a bunch of American's get out the stopped and came to see us.
Jeepney Stop GirlsJeepney Stop Girls
Jeepney Stop Girls

These young girls were outside the school grounds waiting for a Jeepney (local transportation) to take them home.
Jeepney Stop Girls 2Jeepney Stop Girls 2
Jeepney Stop Girls 2

...and then a few more came over to pose for my camera.
Jeepney Stop GirlsJeepney Stop Girls
Jeepney Stop Girls

...and then a couple of more and some mothers joined them...
The GroupThe Group
The Group

Once they saw my camera, everyone wanted in the picture.
The Group 2The Group 2
The Group 2

...the group got bigger...note all the dust being kicked up as the kids rush to get in the picture.
Shy GirlsShy Girls
Shy Girls

Just a bit shy for the camera.
Student TeachersStudent Teachers
Student Teachers

A couple of the Teachers Aides posing for me.
Girl in the WindowGirl in the Window
Girl in the Window

This girl looks like she's just taking in all he excitement.
Girl in the Window...and FriendsGirl in the Window...and Friends
Girl in the Window...and Friends

She wasn't alone for long.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb