It is best to take the first morning flight out of metro manila via Cebu Pacific at 7:50 am; this will give you ample time to make a city tour of Legaspi City.
From the Legaspi airport go to tourism office and they will recommend a van that will charge 3500.00 for a city tour for about 8 hours.
Included in the package
1. LIGNON HILLS
- you will not have only a chance to see the whole of Mayon Volcano but also Legaspi City as well. Various native products are being sold here, from bags to key chains.
2. JAPANESE TUNNELS
, subway passages built by the Imperial Army. Entrance fee 10.00 per pax, Guide Fee - donation. Maximum of 6 pax is allowed inside the tunnel.
Caution - extremely tall, fat people, elderly people will have a hard time, the tunnel is small and to go out, one must crawl.
2. SEVEN FALLS
- to best enjoy this place, you need to wear hiking boots, and swims wear. For us, since we came straight from the airport we weren't dressed to hike and so we decided to go down after the 2nd falls. Swimming is
not a must but will cool you of after going up.
Time required - 1 hour. Entrance Fee is 10.00/pax Car park fee 50.00 Guide Fee - donation. (we gave 150.00 for all 3 guides)
• Don't wear denims, sandals, and slippers. Be in hiking boots, light clothes, shorts.
• Leave handbags, shoulder bags or things not necessary when climbing inside your van.
• Wait for your guide, normally they come in three. Going up is tricky and slippery. The place is rocky and very steep.
• Not recommended for PWD, senior, not fit, persons with heart ailment or with height sickness.
3. DARAGA CHURCH -
oldest church in Legaspi City, built as a replacement for now known as CAGSAWA RUINS
4. MAYON SKYLINE
- located on the slope of MAYON VOLCANO, cool relaxing experience. Don’t forget to taste their chewy pancit. Mayon Planetarium can be seen also at 10.00 per pax entrance.
5. HOYOP- HOYOPAN CAVE
(a must see place) enchanting cave where you can see stalagmites, crystals in different shapes and sizes. Entrance is 350.00 maximum of 6 pax including the guide's fee.
6. CAGSAWA RUINS
- this was
build during the Spanish time but was buried in one of the Mayon eruptions. It has become a very popular tourist attractions, it offers an unhampered view of Mayon Volcano. As you enter the place, locals will offer you to take your pictures, using your camera with trick shots. They will only ask for donations. For us we gave 170.00 for the amazing trick shots NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE IS THE ATV ADVENTURE
- if you want to try this you need to stay at Legaspi Overnight, as this will consume 2 hours of your time.
As much as we wanted to try this, our time is limited, as the last Van to Donsol, Sorsogon leaves at 5 pm.
For pasalubong shopping
try Cozytops Yemas de Pili
. I bought it at the airport on my way back to Manila at 40.00 per pack.
From Legaspi City to Donsol Sorsogon, you ride a van for 75.00 make sure you take the front seat and the seat behind the driver, do not be fooled that the aircon is cool enough to reach the back.
Give the driver name of the resort/hotel/bnb you will be staying, he
will make a stop to the nearest landmark, then take a tryke for 10.00 to 15.00 per pax to your hotel. THINGS TO DO IN DONSOL
1. BUTANDING WATCHING
- Donsol is famous for Butanding watching which unfortunately we were not able to experience. Our local friends already told us that the sea is not calm enough for the whale shark to stay, but still we insisted. Lesson learned- listen to local folks.
From my interviews with them, Whale Shark or Butanding is commonly seen from Jan to April. Donsol is their breeding ground, too bad that we arrive May. Always remember that whale sharks are part of nature, there is a high chance of it not showing at Donsol during your visit. Make sure you won’t feel bad spending 3500.00 for 3 hours and 100.00/pax for the registration when it does not appear which of course happened to us. 2. ISLAND HOPPING
- Locals, guides will tell you when it's not season for Butanding and offer you to do Island Hopping at 7,000.00 The boat can accommodate up to 15 pax, pick up time normally 9 am and finishes at 5 pm
3. FIREFLY WATCHING
- must see place as you will see the trees surrounding the river with fireflies like dancing lights. This is a night adventure. Boat Fee is 1500.00 and 100.00 per pax. Not recommended during full moon as it is too bright to see the lights made by the fire flies, which again we did not believed, sadly we only saw few fireflies and did not wholly experience the beauty of the place.
Before you leave Donsol, make sure you tasted KINUNOT a local famous dish made of stingray with coconut
Donsol Sorsogon is relatively a safe place, almost everyone knows each other, locals are very friendly and are very helpful to visitors and foreigners.
Tot: 1.885s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0116s; 1; m:saturn w:www (188.8.131.52); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb