My First Iloilo Visit


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Iloilo » Iloilo City
July 21st 2010
Published: May 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Boracay - Iloilo - Manila


Rex and I were not definite if we would continue our trip to Iloilo until we were being bumped off from our return flight going back to Manila. Actually, we really planned to go to Iloilo after Boracay but because of the incident we considered to proceed what we had planned. On our way to Kalibo, we were still hesitant if we are going to Iloilo or take our return flight from Kalibo. As we were approaching Kalibo, we were now decided to go straight to Iloilo and enjoy the rest of the ride.

After a 3-hour long bus ride, we finally arrived in Dingle, Iloilo. By the way, Dingle is Rex's hometown, so we headed up to their home and spent there a peaceful night.

In the morning of the next, we prepared our things up and bid goodbyes to my friend’s family. We still had to take a 45-minute jeepney ride going to the City. Our first stop was the Iloilo Museum and the Provincial Capitol of the Province of Iloilo. After that, we had a stroll in the downtown area. There was really no significant landmark or attraction in the area but Iloilo is best known for its old churches and the Kadayawan Festival.

Our plan of going to Guimaras did not realize because we did not have enough time to explore the nearby province. It was annoying because the island province is full of natural attractions like white sand beaches. Guimaras is also known for its mangoes dubbed as the sweetest in the world.

We met Jaypee, Rex’s younger brother, in SM City Iloilo not far from downtown district. Jaypee guided as to Smallville, a popular night destination in the city. The streets of Smallville were lined with cafes, bars and restaurants.

It was an exhausting day but I enjoy every second of it. Iloilo is a great place to visit if you love festivals and a religious person. Beaches also abound in nearby towns and provinces so your perfect vacation would be complete. Next time consider Iloilo on your next travel destination, you would be glad to have it on the list.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb