Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte, Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Ilocos
December 28th 2005
Published: January 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005

At long last! Pagudpud!
This is the last leg of our Ilocos Tour. Please refer to the two previous blogs for entries on Vigan and Laoag.

Pagudpud!



After a really good breakfast of Laoag longganisa (it’s better than Vigan’s!) at Macy’s Diner, we met up with Carol and Hector for a day in Pagudpud.

Pagudpud is around 78 kilometers, one-way, from Laoag. There are mini-buses that ply the route from Laoag. On the way, we pass by several Ilocos Norte towns. The roads are very good and driving along, you see snatches of dramatic landscapes: waves on a rocky shore in Burgos, Cape Bojeador Lighthouse, the windmills of Bangui, mountains and flatlands. We reach Pagudpud in 1.5 hours.

The Beach

We went to Arinaya Beach Resort. Entrance fee is P50 each and the beach huts P300. Day trip facilities were not very good. Arinaya’s shower and toilet were dirty and smelly, a real deterrent for those who plan to swim but do not have booked accommodations (rooms are expensive here - around P3-4K, and nothing really great despite the price according to Carol).

Unfortunately, it was raining and the strong winds were creating big waves so we were not
Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005

Here's another shot
able to swim. We just walked along the shore, took beautiful pictures, and watched the people.

The beach is like Panglao in Bohol, with the latte-colored sand and the blue-and-green-striped waters. It’s clean, the boats parked ashore so as not to disturb the swimmers and the vendors are all concentrated in one area in front of Vista del Mar resort. Saud Beach Resort seems to have the best portion of the beach. To your left you can see the windmills of Bangui and to your right the end where the beach curves, hugging mountains.

Of windmills and soft rolls

With nothing else to do, we drove back to Laoag. We stopped by the Bangui View Deck to take some pics of the windmills and in Pasuquin to buy their famous biscocho, a soft roll flavored with anise (P35 per pack).

La Preciosa

Back in Laoag, we had another sumptuous lunch at La Preciosa, one of Laoag’s most popular restaurants. The Crispy Pata is their bestseller but I liked the Kare-Kare better 😊 Our bill was P700 for 4 people.

@#$%!@(MISSING)^%!@(MISSING)^!!!



Not wanting to spend another early night watching TV, we decided to check-out
Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005

And another...
and head home. We caught the 5PM Partas trip to Pasay (P722 each) which turned out to be the real downside of our trip: it took us 11.5 hours!

What are you waiting for?



All in all, the trip was enjoyable. Vigan was wonderful and I would come back if only for the empanada 😊 Next time, it would probably be more fun to do a Vigan - Baguio trip. Pagudpud is nice but personally, not worth the very long trip for me. The combination of the 3 places however, is a must for first-timers so what are you waiting for? 



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005
Pagudpud 2005

The rocky end of Pagudpud
Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005
Pagudpud 2005

The Wind Mills of Bangui
Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005
Pagudpud 2005

The Wind Mills of Bangui
Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005
Pagudpud 2005

The Wind Mills of Bangui
Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005
Pagudpud 2005

The mountains of Ilocos Norte
Pagudpud 2005Pagudpud 2005
Pagudpud 2005

Magsingal Church, as seen on the way home


12th December 2006

arinaya beach resort
you're right ARINAYA BEACH RESORT's toilet and shower are really dirty. their rooms are not clean there are creepy insects flying over our room..and the comfort room usually don't have water. it's also not safe there. the place is not secured for there guest, we stayed there but on our first night when all of us were asleep someone removed the jalousy of our window and took my mom's bag with 36thousand pesos, 400 us dollars and a n73 cellphone.. so for those who are planning to go there... BEWARE..
4th June 2007

SAUD BEACH RESORT
In Philippine standard, and obviously, Ilocos, considering the place is still in the process of development, the Resort is outstanding, it was quiet (we were there in March, 2007), serene and romantic (remember, I was there with a very special friend of mine who I reconnected with after 30 years!!!). Company is always the key but I recommend Pagudpud to anyone visiting the north!!! The people are very accommodating and courteous. The beach is equally beautiful. My friend and I had a tremendous and memorable time!!!!
24th March 2008

new place to stay in pagudpud
there's a new place to stay when you're visiting pagudpud. try the new sarabo. it has a lodge, a resto, a souvenir shop and a campsite. the rooms are clean, plenty of water! and the food is awesome! and the price is very reasonable. the best in pagudpud
13th May 2008

saud beach resort
i wont recommend it if you only plan to stay there for a day since they will treat you differently from those who rented a room.we had a stopover there for a just 2 hours during our company outing last weekend and rented a hut at the picnic grounds...the staff werent accomodating.we were never treated so cheaply.their shower rooms and cr werent unlocked although they are pretty much aware that we were there not until we complained..we requested to borrow just a few spoons and fork since we failed to bring our own yet the lady manager refused and not even offered an explanation..and lastly, the CLEANING LADY, take note..the janitress came to us and angrily asked us our time of departure since the hut they gave us was previously reserved and the ones who reserved it are on their way while mumbling "500 lang pala binayaran niyo eh"...now ask me if we enjoyed our stay there...pretty obvious i guess...its so surprising that Saud beach resort is famous...ahh the beach is great really beautiful but the staff and service is another story....
29th January 2009

beautiful Pagudpud
was there this past Jané2009. enjoyed our time there. i would recommend evangeline resort for best food and very pleasant and friendly staffs. accomodation is average. saud resort is more pricy but rooms are very good.
20th April 2009

a place to be
Guys, it's a great pride to hear your comments regarding your experiences in my hometown province. I was born here and my family are well known in this town. I am longing to visit my province and see what are the developments have made for. How i wish to go home soon, just busy at this time. I am working here in Dubai as a Store Manager in a Retail outlet and you guys are so mean, you making me excited to go home (huhuhuhu).. I highly appreciated the person (Che-che) behind this pics for sharing such a wonderfull photos of what we have in the Philippines. I was also a local Tourist Guide in Vigan (2002-2003) and it is a very nice place to stay indeed. So long guys, wish we could meet and person and share whatever we have especially in travel experiences. Ciao!!!!!!
7th June 2009

Where NOT to stay when in Pagudpud
I know where NOT to stay when in Saud Beach. We booked ourselves at Villa del Mar, ignoring the warning signs after reading several negative comments about it. We paid the downpayment for 2 nights in a family cottage. We're a family of four and were willing to pay the expensive price of P4,500 a night in exchange for direct beach access, room size and privacy. We got there and yes, the room is big with 4 beds in all, but the bathroom was horrendous. The shower head wasn't working and there was a pail and tabo to "address that". The toilet bowl and pail and tabo were not cleaned properly and the bathroom door was covered in mold and broken at the bottom from wood rot. They had a tv - with only 1 channel. They had a ref - which was busted. All of that is NOT worth P4,500 a night - even if the room is big. We were determined not to let this ruin our vacation so we decided to check Kapuluan Resort - they took us in on short notice so we returned to Villa to retrieve our things. The people at Villa's front-desk have ZERO decision making abilities and I think they didn't want to let us go but I said not to worry we paid for 1 night already and then he let us go. He didn't even offer to transfer us to another room. He didn't offer to call the owners to inform them that they have an unsatisfied customer - he didn't offer to return my unused P4,500 or even a small portion of it. I couldn't care less, we just wanted to leave. Kapuluan Resort was fabulous, and Blue Lagoon Beach is breathtaking but not for those who like a lot of people or noise at night, or don't like walking (the resort is 7-10 minutes walk from Blue Lagoon). I have lived on a tent on Mount Banahaw and hidden behind rocks and trees to use the "bathroom". BUT, if I am willing to pay extra for comfort, I better get my money's worth. I wrote more about that here: http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotels/Asia/Philippines/Province_of_Ilocos_Norte/Pagudpud-1388142/Hotels_and_Accommodations-Pagudpud-R-1.html
6th July 2009

Regarding accomodations in Saud Beach
Originally I am from Vintar, Ilocos Norte but because of my mother leaving for abroad, I ended up growing up and studied high school in Pagudpud. Saud beach is the place you are looking for if you want serenity and simple living. I left Pagudpud when I was 17 and left for Australia at that same year. Comparing to how it was up to now is a lot of changes which I am proud of. I have recommended the place to some of my friends here in Australia and as a result of their holidays from there, they had a tremendous time in Pagudpud and said they will go back again. Hooray for Pagudpud.
6th July 2009

Saud beach resort
In any place we all go, there is always a positive or negative feedback no matter what so please give them the benefit of the doubt. Saud beach is a great place for holiday. For some people they just want to b***h about anything and everything.
17th July 2009

A Paradise
Wow! This is the only thing i can say about this place. it is very beautiful; a peaceful and serene place but u can see it's beauty everywhere. I hope that i can be in Pagudpud soon.
25th August 2009

I will always cherish my beloved home town, Pagudpud, and the fun loving memories of my childhood. Please come and enjoy what Pagudpud has to offer. The people are very hospitable, courteous, and friendly. Enjoy your vacation! See Pagudpud -- I will soon visit you.... Nida Calipay-Pearson Rhode Island, USA
3rd September 2009

hehehe
I also had the chance to tour around at iLocos, i really loved the place, and i really wanted to go back there..:) nice blog..:)
9th September 2009

Looking for Cabanting family
I married a lady named Caroline Cabanting from Maui Hawaii her father's name was Sergio Cabanting he and his brother Mariano came to Hawaii in the 1920's. We are trying to find any relatives of my wife. She has never been to the PI but I have during my Navy days. We are planning a trip to the Philippines in the near futher any help you can provide about her family would be most appericated.
24th October 2009

For Richard Taute - Re-Cabanting Relatives
I worked in Saudi Arabia with a lady named Angie Cabanting, she is an Ilocana, i think she's from Ilocos, she's a Dentist. She is now working in Kuwait. Its a long shot, but worth a try. she has a friendster account. Type the name and you'll see her and send a message perhaps. I wish She's one of the relatives your wife is looking for. Good luck.
28th November 2009

who to see
I am not from pagudpud but i live just at the next town. I am from Bangui, the windmill town. If there are negative comments about your stay in any of the resorts, i suggest you go see and report the matter to Mrs. Emilen "Kleng" Garvida Sales, wife of incumbent mayor Marlon Sales. She is the chairperson for the tourism agency in Pagudpud. Tell Her, I suggested you seeing her. Aside from that, May i also take this chance to promote our own sites you have to visit when you come up north. In Bangui, we have several places that you may want to visit. we have, Abang Falls, The Ar-aruo resort in Brgy. San Isidro, Manayon Lake, Baruyen viewdeck (you will see that upon entering Bangui, right after the welcome arch), Suacan Underground spring (best place to take a dip!), Sentinela Hill and definitely the Windmills. I am just one of the people in Bangui who would like to promote our place to the world even if the local government doesn't do so. So please, spread the word, Bangui, Ilocos Norte has places/sites worthy of promoting to the world!
11th January 2010

Terra Rika
I love the room.. Simple but the CR is really great.. I love the hot and cold shower especially the bath tub.. ANyway, if you were just 2-3 persons going to pagudpud, Terra Rika is the place to be and if you need a tricycle for a tour (if you don't have car with you) contact Kuya Benjie.. You can call/text him through this number 09129623008
3rd February 2010

wala po akong negative comment about pagudpud. i have only one concern. my son together with the other students from Bulacan State University had an educational tour and stayed overnight there last monday and tuesday. but unfortunately my son lost his wallet and not sure where it was left. i just asking for a consideration and assistance, to please if there is a chance to see his wallet please communicate with us. alam nyo po, mahirap lang kami at talagang requirement lang ang pagsama sa nasabing field trip pero ayon, nawala pa ang wallet nya. papunta sila ng baguio this morning and wala na talaga siyang pera. ng tawagan niya ako, nagkakandaiyak ang anak ko, kasi wala siyang pera up to friday. alam kong hindi nyo yun kasalanan, ang akin lang baka sakali na maibalik ang wallet nya, tatanawin po naming malaking utang na loob. ang pangalan po ng anak ko ay albert christian f. aurelio, graduating engineering student and that field trip is a pre requisites for graduation. i hope you don't mind this comment, all i want is to bring your attention what was happen. di ko rin po alam kung nalaglag, o may nakakuha na kasama nya. naawa lang ako sa ako sa anak kasi ng tumawag sa akin kanina ay halos nanginginig ang boses at wala na siyang pera up to friday. maraming salamat sa inyo, sana tulungan tayo ng Poong Maykapal na makita ang naturang wallet, na may laman na almost P4,000.00. maraming salamat po uli at inuulit ko humihingi ako ng dispensa at nabigyan ko kayo ng konting problema. pagpalain po kayong lahat ng Poong Maykapal. mother ni albert
12th February 2010

good work
nice work
13th February 2010

Opening soon in Pagudpud
I good blog and great images! we will open an new quality bed and breakfast place with great food next season and we are right across the road from Saud Beach Resort. We have read and listened carefully to the many travel blogs and know what people want. We will let you know when we are open.
15th February 2010

i am from pagudpud though because of work i stay here in manila. to those who have negative experiences in the place where you stayed in pagudpud, is it not that you have then the right to see first the room that you have to stay before you pay for it? why did you not demand for this right so that you could have seen those things that you had complained before paying? there are so many resorts in pagudpud and i believed that there are more better resorts than bad resorts.
18th February 2010

papunta na kme
tignan nyo papunta na kme jan sa march
22nd February 2010

best place to stay in Pagudpud
Obviously, most tourists do not know the Blue Lagoon area which is far more awesome compare to Saud area. Blue Lagoon is where you find clear, blue waters , white sand and shallow waters with surfing areas. The resort Punta Azul is the best in the area. It is of westrn style , rooms have individual BR and A/C units and patio and veranda overlooking the beach which is just a few steps away. Service is our priority . For more info : punta-azul-pagudpud.com .
27th February 2010

where to stay
Hi all, i've been surfing the net for a place to stay and been calling the numbers (from the net) and most of them are a bit expensive for our budget. We'll be going there by March 30 and most of the places are already fully booked. Is there any other place where we can stay for a not so expensive price? Homestay? Thanks ^_^
5th May 2010

Saud Beach Resort
we really had a nice road trip from manila to pagudpud. Saud beach was really nice with the white sand and clear water. We also look for a nice and cute diferrent stones and shells. For a group of 10, we're able to rent a house at barangay saud for a very affordable amount of P3500/day. There were three big bedroom, a nice sala, nice and beat kitchen, two bathrooms. The owner were so friendly and very accomodating. In case you need a place to stay I can highly recommend this place. You an contact Alma Udon 09212501718 or 09094975756.
5th June 2010

where to stay cheap but very clean...
it's going to be our first time in ilocos norte we are family of 5 a couple and 3 girls 14y, 10y and 3y... will tag along a driver and 2 helpers... i want a place near blue lagoon it has to be very clean... please help me thanks... email me at vervesalv@ymail.com im considering.... evengeline, hannah, and kapuluan

Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 22; qc: 115; dbt: 0.1451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb