Cebu, my beautiful Cebu!


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu
October 10th 2004
Published: May 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

my mom is a full-blooded cebuana while my father is a full-blooded tagalog, so that makes me a half cebuana-half tagalog..........

i am so proud of my mom's hometown, cebu and i would love to live here if given a chance.............

cebu is known as the queen city of the south................... living here is like having both worlds (that's why i'd love to live here).................. cebu is now a modern metropolis that leads the south in commerce and industry and at the same time famous to an array of historical finds, white sand beaches and dive sites.........................

it is also known for it's colorful fiesta called "sinulog" (they celebrated sinulog just last jan 14-17)............... sinulog is a dance ritual in honor of the miraculous image of the santo niƱo (more info on sinulog)

cebu is also famous for their guitars......................... so if you want a quality guitar, cebu it is!

i remember one time when we went to china and we met this hongkonese lady and told us that she loves going to the philippines and if there's one thing that she won't forget buying here in the philippines as pasalubongs for her family (lest her
malapascua island of cebumalapascua island of cebumalapascua island of cebu

i would never forget this place for this was where i had my first solo travel...i would love to go back to this place!
relatives would kill her) that would be the dried mangoes ............... she even said that her relatives won't eat any if it isn't 7D.............. hahaha.......... actually any brand as long as it's from cebu is good! yes, those dried mangoes all came from cebu..................... you might want to try their mango puree...................... and oh! try their mango strips, it's more cheaper than the dried mangoes but still are yummy!

cebu is also famous for their danggit (small dried fish), tablea (local cocoa drink), otap (some kind of cookie) and a lot more that are all worth trying..................................... eating there is also cheap and housing is also cheap................... you can buy a house there in a famous subdivision that would cost less compared to buying a house here in manila.............................. i could go on and on you know, but i think you got my point


Advertisement



8th August 2005

CEBU, OH CEBU
I was born in Malapascua because my father, who is now a retired public school teacher, was first assigned to the island after passing the civil service exam. When I was in grade four under him, he taught us a song which runs like these: Ang yutang natawhan Cebu sa gugma natingban Dili ko isalikway, higala ug mga kaaway. Kami manalipod sa imong mga katungod. Pagkatam-is ay!! Pagkanindot ay!! Sa Cebu nga among pinuy-anan. Cebu, Oh Cebu!! Katam-is nga litokon Cebu, Oh Cebu!! Duyan ka sa buhilaman Imong kaayuhan, gidamgo sa tanan. Pagkanindot ay!! Pagkanindot ay!! Sa Cebu nga among pinuy-anan. I really appreciate the feelings that you have for the province.

Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb