Mactan Island


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu » Mactan Island
December 2nd 2007
Published: December 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

MactanMactanMactan

Look at the physique!! And Lapu Lapu's not in bad shape either
After a long and tiring flight to las Islas Pilipinas I left Apple in Manila and took a flight to cebu. The flight was delayed, just what I needed after travelling for 24 hours already...
Finally got to the pension house and had a nosey at the Historically and Internationally significant Mactan Island. This is the place where Ferdinand Magellan (remember him from history lessons - the portuguese working for the Spanish KIng) was slain by the local chieftan Lapu Lapu for going a little too far.
Not that it stopped the colonisation of these Islands. Years later a second Spanish Expedition was more successful Catholicised the Country using the sword.

Enough history - I just had a nosey round, ate some daing na bangus (Milkfish), drank the worlds finest drink - fresh mango shake and chilled.

next morning before my trip to Bohol, I decided to sunbath for a bit. I hadn't seen the firey ball in the sky for some time so stpidly got burned. And got sunstroke. It's not big and it's not clever. I should have known better!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb