The Great Escape: Puraran Beach


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Catanduanes » Puraran Beach
March 7th 2018
Published: March 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Puraran Beach


I came across an online post stating that the B.E.A.C.H is the Best Escape Anyone Can Have. True enough, it never fails.

The sun was already high as we left the village of Guinsaanan in Baras, Catanduanes after enjoying a breathtaking morning view at Binurong Point. Our next stop was the long stretch of white sandy beach known to the locals as Puraran Beach. From the highway, we descended towards to the shore. There were cottages dotting the property and trees on the edge. But what was a sight to behold was the wide and long stretch of white sandy shore and the clear turquoise waters. Further, little waves can be seen and we were told that during surfing season, the waves are really good, majestic in fact such that this area has also been known as the Majestic Wave.

We wasted no time and rushed to the beach front, enjoying the feel of the sand, the smooth stones and the sea.

We chose to have brunch at the Puraran Surf Resort, however, the brunch turned into lunch as it took the staff almost two hours to serve our dishes. Not wanting to spoil our mood further, we focused our attention on our surroundings and enjoyed the rustic and island vibe of the resort. It is great spot to commune with nature and get disconnected from the crazy realities of life.

While in Puraran Beach, we also chanced upon locals who were selling the freshest catch from the sea before the remainder of their stash is brought to the Virac.

Puraran Beach is definitely a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the urban life.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb