A Shift in the Wind?


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
October 8th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The weather on Boracay has taken a dramatic turn. The storms passed, and the rain and high winds have been replaced by calm seas and sunny skies. Let's hope the good weather holds! Tomorrow I head out for a boat trip around the island with snorkeling gear and lunch included (all for under $15). Love it!

I'll let the pictures and captions cover these last two days...

Look! There goes Dave





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

I Think I Can Handle ThisI Think I Can Handle This
I Think I Can Handle This

White Beach near Station 3 in Boracay.
White BeachWhite Beach
White Beach

Taken yesterday morning near Station 3.
View from the WaterView from the Water
View from the Water

Love those palm trees along the beach.
Terri and GavinTerri and Gavin
Terri and Gavin

A group of 11 English teachers in China were vacationing in Boracay for a week. I met Terri & Gavin (the last 2 of their group to leave) on their last day (yesterday), and hung out with them all afternoon.
My Lounge ChairMy Lounge Chair
My Lounge Chair

Typical hang out spot during the day in front of the Blue Mango Inn and Restaurant.
D'MallD'Mall
D'Mall

The outdoor mall located near the center of White Beach (runs perpendicular to the beach). Lots of shops and restaurants.
Lemon CafeLemon Cafe
Lemon Cafe

Lunch today at Lemon Cafe in D'Mall. Very impressed with this lunch for about $9. Especially the tropical mango parfait dessert.
Map of BoracayMap of Boracay
Map of Boracay

White Beach (the most popular beach) is on the west, with Stations 1, 2 & 3 highlighted. Station 2 is the center of the action (D'Mall is here) with Station 1 to the north also pretty active. Station 3 is the most chilled out part of the beach. It's also more geared towards the budget/backpacker type of tourist due to the high number of small, budget type hotels/cottages. It takes about 30 minutes to walk from one end to the other.
The RoadThe Road
The Road

Runs parallel to White Beach, but is a fair distance away from the beach. It's narrow and has very few full sized vehicles.


9th October 2007

Fresh Fruit Shakes
Don't forget those mango and watermelon shakes...And be sure to hang out at Station 1. Or even in Diniwid Beach...a secluded area.

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1167s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb