It's one of those motorbikin' kinda days


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Bohol » Tagbilaran
February 26th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


So today was somewhat of an adventure. We walked to hand back in the beer bottle, got back our 10 pesos, and got a trike for 30 pesos to the bus terminal. There we got a bus for 50 pesos each to take us to the Chocolate HIlls, a 2-hour journey. The bus was absolutely packed -- three to a seat, some hanging out the sides, and a couple on the roof. We went through some pretty scenery and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride there.

We were dropped off on the side of the road and started walking up a hill. There we had to pay for tickets to enter, then kept walking up to find a little restaurant, souvenir shop, and a couple lookout points. We walked up to the top, snapped a couple of photos, and headed down to eat before leaving.

When we were waiting on the side of the road for a bus, a man approached us and offered to take us to where we wanted to go for 600. We eventually agreed on 500 and he would take us to the Tarsier sanctuary before it closed, then to Tagbilaran -- a pretty good deal. Maybe it wasn't much cheaper, but it was different, kinda fun, and definitely faster.

You have to pay 40 pesos to get into the sanctuary and a guide takes you through it and points out some of them. They are so weird looking because they're only about 5 inches long and they can jump around like normal monkeys, really fast, but they move their heads really slowly (they can rotate them a nice 180 degrees), so it's sort of a creepy, The Exorcist type of look.

After this we went to wait for the boat and stopped in at the Tugba Tula Kilaw restaurant to have some beer and some food. The food was...surprising, and the beer was good. There was also free water so I was pleased. We had a strange avocado shake and then went to buy some beer before checking in.

When we got back to Cebu we started walking in the direction we thought we should be going, but then I started feeling nervous/afraid for our lives so we hopped in a taxi for a nice 65 pesos with a meter and called it a night, after buying a bottle of rum, of course.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb