Panglao Bohol


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Bohol » Panglao
November 25th 2011
Published: November 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we took a 2 hour ferry to the island of Bohol, and then a tricycle to the island called Panglao. It is connected to Bohol by a bridge. We weren't to impressed with our room when we arrived, but we are located in a far away place so we decided to stick it out for one night. The room was small, the shower had a big hole in it, its located right at the front of the property in like off a garage area.. just wasn't worth the money. On a plus, the room comes with a motorbike so we can travel around the island. We went and checked out a few more hotels but everything is really pricey. We came back and asked if we could switch to a different room tomorrow, and they said they had someone checking out so we can switch, if not we will leave to somewhere else.

We went to check out the beach. Its kind of silly in that the only way to access the beach is by entering a resort and they all charge a fee. We were told about the cheap entrance fee, 25 pesos a head. Other resorts want to charge 300 pesos a head! Its ridiculous, that much just to access a beach which should be public anyway.

The beach was really pretty with clear water, and the whitest, softest sand we've ever seen.

After the beach we decided to drive around the island. We came across a place I had made note of to eat at called The Bohol Bee Farm. Its an organic restaurant that makes its own honey, spreads, breads and other things. The tour was interesting, we got to see bees, and the restaurant was fantastic. The peanut butter mango shake I ordered was so tasty, and the organic flower salad, the fresh lumpia were delicious.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

white white sand-like coffee mate!white white sand-like coffee mate!
white white sand-like coffee mate!

The Visayas (the group of islands that we are on) are famous for their soft sand!


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb