Summer Escapades @ La Luz Beach Resort


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Batangas » Laiya
September 18th 2008
Published: September 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

First Get Away in 2008

...The heat is on, and the first destination of SIEP for 2008 is La Luz Beach Resort at Laiya, Batangas...


Going there, I advise you guys to have a reservation first. The resort has a website in the net, with complete contact numbers. Although it will take you quiet a number tries before somebody answers the phone.

The resort is only 2 hours away from Manila. In going there, I advise you to have a private car. During the time that we went there, we have to pass rough roads since road is not yet cemented. To sum it up, it is very easy to reach the resort since they made a good job in placing the signages of the resort location.

We stayed there for overnight. The rooms were very nice, we got one which is good for 4 pax, but 6 people can actually stay, since one bed has pull-out bed in it. The T&B is good for comfort, but it doesn't have a hot&cold shower.

Food cannot be brought to the resort. You have to pay Php 900 for the food for overnight stay. That includes lunch, snacks, dinner & bfast. The food package is very affordable, since this is a buffet style & eat all you can. The food was good. They have 3-4 choices o viands in each meal, with tags on them for familiarization. What I love most is the dinner. The set up is dinner by the beach. There were torch, and lightings, and the ambiance turns to a very cozy one. (Lucky for those who brings their partner! :O) Also, incase you are just renting a van, ask for the driver meal package, and they will give it to you for only Php 500.00 overnight. No more worries for driver meal.

For the amenities, the resort has kayaks and diving gears which are for rent at a very affordable price. Those who want adventure, trekking is available. At a higher level of a far away mountain (like fairy tales), there is a falls. Some of my friends went there. After a long, long walk, they were dissapointed to see a dry falls. Maybe it is because it's summer time. Or just maybe, they were visualizing a falls like that of Pagsanjan or Hidden Valley.

For spaholics like me, they have local manghihilot there. You just have to tell the front desk personnel that you need a massage. For only Php 250, you can have a one-hour/ whole body massage. That is using Johnsons baby oil of course! 😊 A good nap is recommended after the massage.

The resort is very recommended for those who would want to have a peaceul escapades. There is no available videoke or soundsystem. And the resort would not allow you to use even your magic sings. These is in respect to visitors who want peace and serenity.

Above all, the place is nice except for the waters. La luz is a diving site. The beach has alot of stones in different sizes. To enjoy the water, I recommend you bring your aqua shoes. There are aqua shoes which are available for less than Php 200 in all SM Dept Stores. Just a warning, there are jelly fishes too in the afternoon.

The trip is very pocket friendly. You can have a summer get away for only Php 2,000 all in.

Here is what I spent during my stay...

Van (Makati to Laluz & Vice Versa) 500
Accomodation (Group of 10) 600
Meals 900
Total 2,000

Optional Massage 250


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb