Baguio


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Baguio
December 24th 2013
Published: June 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

@ mines view park@ mines view park@ mines view park

with my loves

Baguio – The Summer Capital of The Philippines



Baguio is the gateway to the wonders of Northern Luzon: the calm beaches of La Union; the fabled Hundred Islands of Pangasinan; the world famous Banaue Rice Terraces in Ifugao; the ancient churches, Spanish influenced houses, historical and cultural relics of Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte, the Kabayan of the tribes of Benguet, Mountain Province, Ifugao, Kalinga, Apayao, and Abra.

Baguio City, approximately 250 kilometers north of Manila, is situated in the heart of the Province of Benguet. The area of the city is 49 square kilometers enclosed in a perimeter of 30.6 kilometers. The developed portion of the city is a plateau that rises to an elevation of 1,400 meters. Most of it lies on the northern half of the city.
About half the area of the city has a slope of 25%!o(MISSING)r more.

The climate of Baguio City is cool and crisp and offers a fine respite from the dust, heat and bustle of the nearby lowland areas. It has only two seasons of about equal duration throughout the year - the wet and dry seasons. The dry season begins in November and ends in April and the wet season extends from May to October.
@ mines view park @ mines view park @ mines view park

very cute dog <3


The coldest months are felt by its residents from November up to February and during the wet season the rainfall is extra heavy. This varying climatic condition is attributed to its high elevation above sea level. It is in July and August when it gets to be very wet in Baguio. Records show that its rainfall is about twice as much as that ocurring in Metro Manila. In July, 1992 the rainfall in the city measured 772.4 millimeters and this is one of the heaviest on record in the Philippines.

Baguio is about 10 degress cooler on the average on any month than any place in the lowlands. The average temperature is around 20 degrees Celsius. It seldom exceeds 26 degrees Celcius at its warmest, and drops to as low as 15 degees Celsius in the colder months. Lately, however, with recent residential, commercial and industrial developments, many pine trees have been cut down that the City of Baguio is no longer as cool as it used to be.

A warm sweater is necessary during the cold months. During summer, light casual clothing is recommended, with a jacket or sweater for late afternoons and evenings when the air gets a little nippy. To keep cozy in the colder months light woolen or warm clothing should be worn. During the rainy season, raincoats, rubber boots, and sturdy umbrellas are important and necessary items.

We went Some famous landmarks and places of interest are:



Burnham Park – the city’s commercial center (Session Road), Baguio Cathedral, City hall and the Baguio City market are all designed around Burnham Park, giving access to a variety of activities : from shopping to visiting the church to a long walk along the busy Session Road.



• Camp John Hay – this is a former rest and recreation facility for the American soldiers and in recent years converted into a beautiful resort in the mountains. Despite the physical changes, Camp John Hay’s charm remains the same with its pine trees lined up on both sides of the roads, breathtaking landscape and old-fashioned cottages.



We went to baguio on the 24th of December 2013 , we decided to celebrate Christmas eve in Baguio also we celebrate moms birthday. we enjoy the fresh air, its was so relaxing! the weather is so good, the temp. is 26 degree . All the people in baguio , was so nice and hospitable.me and my family , enjoy our vacation , so we decided to go back in baguio !



its more fun in baguio <3


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb