Pasni Roadtrip


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan » Balochistan
March 1st 2009
Published: March 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

What a trip! One of those vacations that hit you right out of the blue. So it's a Saturday night, I idle it away watching a movie (The White Chicks if you must know) and I get a call at 11 pm from a friend telling me about the roadtrip planned for the next day.

So I leave home to spend the night at the AKU male hostel with the boys. And I didnt get a second of sleep that night.

We leave AKU 7 30 am on the 22nd of Feb , a party of 8 strong to be joined by 8 more guys from IBA

Have nashta at boat basin, end up waiting for one of the IBA boys and the departure from KHI gets way later than we expected

10 30 am we leave KHI, take the NHA, get to the Makran Coastal Highway at aprox 12 30 pm.
What followed was a long drive without food and many antics on the bustrip.

Spirits were high we got to Ormara (A fishing village along the way) and set our feet on the makran beach there for the first time at 4 00 pm. Didn't have lunch there because the food was too darn expensive. A drive of two more hrs saw us a PASNI... A sleepy little fishing town. Our boarding arrangements were made at the Coastguard mess in PASNI. Reasonable accomodation, plenty food and an opportunity for adventure closeby. What more could a man ask for. Thatta night was spent savouring the food after our long drought. Chicken never tasted more delicious. By that time I had been up for 40 hrs straight (I am proud of it haha).

After gorging on food we sat facing the pasni coast line, smoking enjoying the cool cool breeze and a hot cup of tea. Life and its simple pleasures.

We called it a night at 12 00 am.

Next morning, the 23rd of Feb, well rested and ready for a fun filled day to come. After breakfast at 9. We hit the jetty and were given a tour around the pasni coast on a coastguard Speedboat. We took a dip in the sea, hardwork, got many pictures taken.
At 2 pm after lunch we left for the Kund malir beach that we came across on the way to pasni. The bus trip on the way was the most fun filled one I've ever had. Took in the breathtaking beauty of the Coastal Highway cliffs. Took a whizz of a 500 feet high cliff (trust me its the most memorable whizz of your life haha). Enjoyed the Kund Malir beach, saw an octopus washed up on the shore.

Left the beach after sunset. Rest of the way back was smooth. The bus dropped me at home at 12 am.

A mini vacation, Just proves you don't have to spend a fortune to have fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb