Last few days


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
January 10th 2010
Published: January 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok..I am gonna go backwards now...

So yesterday 1/9/10 we started off our day with class like usual..some Nepali language and learning about the different festivals. After class we went to a place called Chobsar. It is where the river runs out of the Khatmandu Valley. It is believed that a god removed all the water from the valley and it went out through this way. It is a big canyon. It was really nice to get out of the city. Far less pollution. We walked around for a bit and then sat and had tea. On the way out of the park..we saw a dog laying in the middle of the road..hit by a car. It was screaming..u know those horrible screams a dog makes when it is in pain..and moving around. It broke my fucking heart. I can still hear it in my head. Everybody in our van was pretty disturbed by it. People here drive very crazy. Well..on to happier things. After sightseeing we drove to Thamel to pick up our laundry (we had dropped it off the day before) and have our last dinner out together as a group. We went to this nice little Italian restaurant (run by Inidans with a photo of Paris on the wall). We had discovered this gem the other day while dropping off our laundry. Anyways..I had a cheese pizza and soup an many glasses of wine. It was fabulous!! There were 6 of us. Aussie, S. Africa, Sweden x2, and Brazil. After dinner..me, S. Africa and Sweden went to this great bar. We smoked hookah..had cocktails and listened to a fabulous Nepali band do western songs..some Nirvana..Green Day..it was really fun. I almost forgot I was in Nepal. After we caught a taxi back and went to bed :-( Oh I almost forgot to mention the best part..S.African had his dealer come meet us at the restaurant. He ended up being a really great guy and we are all gonna hang out again. Makes me a little nervous..but it is only MJ and I am not smoking it!!!

1/8/10 - In Nepal things are never as they should be. We were supposed to have class and then go sightseeing. Instead we were told no class in the morning ..afternoon instead..so we had to go run out to Thamel to drop off our laundry and be back by 2:00. So that's what we did..well that and a few other things. We got to Thamel around 10am and dropped off our laundry..only there was no power so we couldnt do the special 3 hours service..we had to come back to pick it up the next day at 7pm. So after we dropped it off we wandered around a bit in the shops and found a fabulous Italian place for breakfast. I had eggs and potatoes. I cherished every minute of it. After we went on a mission for a hot shower and a massage. We eventually stumbled upon a place called Tranquliity spa. It looked clean and nice from the outside so we decided to give it a go. Best move ever! For about $15 us..I got a hot shower...1 hour massage and eyebrows threaded and tinted. My massage was awesome. Rachel and I had a "couples" massage. Threadding was interesting. Kinda hurt but better than waxing. After we went and ate on a rooftop terrace. We had to walk up 7 flights of stairs to get there. Those servers must be in great shape! Food was ok..but veiw was spectacular! I had some stroganoff wtih potato and smothered it in ketchup to make it palettable. Here they over salt everything...it is pretty gross..but hey...what is one to do? So after the meal we had to rush back to the hostel because we were supposed to have afternoon class. We were and hour late...turned out when we got there though..class was cancelled. Could have stayed the whole day in Thamel. That woudl have been nice. So instead we just lay around and chat and read. Over all a really nice day though.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb