Manakamana & Bandipur


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
October 9th 2007
Published: October 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Stopped by briefly at Manakamana...home to one of the most important hindu temples. high up so got cable car there...amazing views of the mountains...pure bliss. lots of people come all the way from india to visit this temple...sacrifices usually done here, but not the day i went...met many lovely people & had lots of fun with them!). everyone here seems shocked that im not indian or nepali..i seem to fit in well, which is a great help!

headed to Bandipur & completely fell in love with the place. small newari village...gorgeous houses with wooden shutter windows, hardly any tourists & finally a plae that has not been taken over with tourism! not much here, quite like my mum's village in italy, only smaller with just couple of shops around but very beautiful. did lots of long & strenuous treks up & down around the area, seeing the beautiful mountain views, finding caves, new maghar villages, trying out my nepali (seems to be working well...people understanding & responding..yeay!). comletely knackered my self out for 3 days! had wonderful time with the locals...all like one big happy family & completely took me in. love it!

eatin dahl baht (lentils & curry with potatoes & rice), chapattis, samosas & other munchie things...& yak's cheese!

moved on to make sure i do the things i really want to do here...much am hoping to return to bandipur soon!!

oh...had my first encounter with a maoist...interesting to say the least & something to remember!

now in pokhara....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb