Third day in Pokhara


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 15th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

At CWH just after eight in the morning. The hired mason man for knocking down the wall and building new ones in the garden had already begun to tear down the wall. All the boys had to help of course! And they even started to knock harder when we just sticked our noses in the door opening ;-). I started to work on the electrics that had to be done. First had to check a lot of wiring and fuse boxes. The wiring is not really well coded from start to end so that is going to take some time especially when you only have a test screwdriver to check for current... Megan is trying very hard to get into contact with all the children and that is also easier said then done, but at least there is (slow) progress. After a somewhat long lunch we went back to find that all the rubbish from knocking down the wall already had gone. Those children really work hard and fast! We checked all the wiring in the classroom to make it possible to replace the switchboards and placing new lights in the room (in a safer way). Ditto for the kitchen next to the classroom. While the boys were knocking down the wall, Bijay, Megan, some of the boys (those without a hammer) and the girls trimmed the garden and moved the offcuts to the compost heap - 'trimming' meaning 'slashing' and loads more hard work!

To end the day we played some more games with the kids. Something funny happened today. There is another shy girl amongst the kids. All of a sudden she came to sit next to me and asked my name. So I told her my name and asked her for hers. Hers was Susmita. I said to her that that is a very beautiful name to which she repsonded; ' you are beautiful'. Isn't that nice?
In the evening another powercut and a very nice dinner (with chocalate cake as desert!). I officially declare mosquitos as my enemy now because they really have a go at me (they leave Megan alone, why is that?) ...

I have to see if I can get some guitar strings and a new bridge for the guitar of one of the boys. The strings are 'dead' and one is missing and also the bridge is damaged. The boy really
The boys working hardThe boys working hardThe boys working hard

These boys did men's work! Truly incredible to watch!
would like to be able to play it again. Maybe we even get to hear a little concert....



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb