More than a week of doing nothing in Pokhara (except eating)


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 23rd 2005
Published: October 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I came back from the trek on Friday night and only wanted to get some good rest. I didn't think it would become such a long rest, but well, sometimes it happens. On Sunday we were very energetic and walked up to the "World peace stupa" on a hill above Pokhara. We walked through the forest and got lost a few times, luckily the forest was full of children (on holiday) and they rescued us a few times... The views of the Annapurna region were fantastic, and we took the short and steep way down, taking a boat to cross the lake back to town.
We had some other small plans but then the weather changed. First it became cloudy and a bit coldish and we waited for the sun to come back. Unfortunately it didn't, instead the rain came in. It rained for 3 or 4 days almost nonstop. That's how I became such an expert in Pokhara's restaurants (see my other post) as there was nothing else to do. Of course, there was no point thinking about the Jomsom trek that we planned to do - there were no flights and no forecast for end of the rain.
Eventually we got tired of that, and we joined Shai on his way back to Kathmandu. Of course on the day we left the sun came back... but we were already in a different state of mind, and we kept the mew plans.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

In the boat on the lake...In the boat on the lake...
In the boat on the lake...

Amazing that we didn't drawn :-)


25th October 2005

מהמם
אילו נופים... חוויות לנפש לכל החיים. מתי את כבר חוזרת??

Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb