To pokhara!


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 15th 2018
Published: October 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We got to pokhara by bus again. It's not the most comfortable way to spend your vacation. Another 9 or so bumpy hours later, we turned into the pokhara bus station.

Had an interesting conversation with an Austrian lady, that was doing anthropological research here, about the effectiveness of local medicine practices. She had great trouble getting them to be specific about their trade, treating her like a tourist, even if she spoke Nepali to them. She stayed in Nepal for 10 years in the 80/90s. Apparently, Kathmandu used to have asphalt before the earthquake. Also, there is a huge chance of a bigger earthquake happening soonish. Indicator for that was on 9.3/10 if I remember correctly. (9.7 otherwise). She was also a disaster relief manager and had all released vant permits and paperwork, to set up and help, if disaster would strike. Very interesting to hear how the logistics and command structure works. And how things changed after Haiti. Too much details for this little blog though. A nice detail is that some page of her form said something about reporting to the government, which prompted me to cast her in the role of a spy and ask her if she needed a newspaper, with eye holes cut out, or point out some detail, her government might be interested in.
(one interesting thing we noticed the great number of nice houses that were built using some illegally pocketed (stolen) disaster-relief funds.

We got to our new place, 'Zostel' by taxi. It's a gorgeous place that is quite big. There was good food nearby,yoga in the morning and the whole city of pokhara to explore.

At some point, we found a totally real 'disney land' with the logo and everything. Later a barber that called me in for a beard-fix. I could use one. After that, he fixed up the ends, made the beard too short, cut some hair, did a lackluster massage, applied creams and salves and asked for 3000 roepies. Got it down to 2400, but it's still a cheat. Even though the haircut was kinda nice.

Here's some good photos 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb