Namche Bazar to Thame


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Namche
April 3rd 2013
Published: April 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Namche BazarNamche BazarNamche Bazar

Looking down onto the town from the climb to the Everest View Hotel
A wake up call at 0630 with a cup of tea again and we had to have our bags packed ready for the porters by 7 oclock. We then went in for breakfast and were back on the trail by 0740. Todays walk was fairly level and after a good 3 hour trek we reached the village of Samde where we stopped for a 45 minute break and cups of lemon tea. The tea house we stopped at was run by a Sherpa who climbs Everest. He came out to chat to us and we discovered that he has already summited Everest 12 times and was currently preparing for his 13th climb. After leaving Samde, another hours walking brought us to the destination for today, the village of Thame. We are staying at the Valley View lodge which has superb views of snow capped peaks all around. In this village lives another Everest summit Sherpa who currently holds the world record for the number of times he has reached the summit, 21 I believe.

After checking into our rooms we had lunch then had an opportunity to wander around the village before meeting up again for another short walk. Thame
View from my roomView from my roomView from my room

... at the Camp du Base lodge in Namche
itself is at 3800 metres above sea level but on the hill behind it is Thame Monastery at about 4000m so we had a half hour walk up to the monastery before coming back down to relax at the lodge before dinner.

You might notice a lack of some punctuation marks in this entry! I am using the lodge owners laptop which has a keyboard that is quite difficult to follow as well as being in a dark corner!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Himalayan GiantsThe Himalayan Giants
The Himalayan Giants

From the Everest View Hotel above Namche - Ama Dablam on the right, Nuptse in the centre, and Everest to the left of Nuptse
ThameThame
Thame

The view from our lodge


3rd April 2013

trip
enjoying the blog, have fun :-)
4th April 2013

Laptop
We were discussing in the office yesterday what you had taken with you to type all your blog entries on - Denny said phone, I thought tablet, can't believe you are scamming laptops from the locals (well - maybe I can!)

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb