Namche to thame


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Namche
October 20th 2012
Published: October 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Namche to Thame
We got up early to have breakfast of fried eggs, toast and potatoes. After breakfast we hiked uphill a little to the local museum. We saw a typical Sherpa house and several rooms dedicated to climbing. One room had photos of all the Sherpas, Lakpa was there looking very young and carefree. After that we started hiking to Thame, Lakpa's childhood home. The hike was beautiful, up and down following a river most of the way. We crossed a gorge with the water running very high. It's hard to imagine what it would be like during the summer with the glacier run off. Of course, it was uphill from there. Finally we arrived at the tea house which was owned by Lakpa's sister. After enjoying lunch we hiked up to the Thame Monastery. They were conducting prayers and allowed us in to watch. Very interesting but odd and without anyone to tell us what was going on. After dinner we played cards. Learning a lesson....don't think you're going to beat a mountain guide at cards. They spend way to much time in a tent perfecting their games.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb