Upper Mustang trekking


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Lo Manthang
July 26th 2018
Published: July 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Mustang is the former Himalayan Kingdom where there is an arid and starkly beautiful land suitable for trekking. Upper Mustang Trekking is one of the popular trekking to mustang only. This trekking contains maximum parts of Mustang districts. The trekking to this region will provide us to get candid with the local tradition and culture of Buddhists people of that region. Many parts of the Mustang districts where people are living still practices the traditional Tibetan culture and traditions. We can see the view of beautiful houses along with the hospitable and loyal people which will surely make our trekking to upper mustang notable. The region is blessed with the beautiful landscapes. This district of Nepal is known as the desert of Nepal because very few rainfalls occur during the whole year in these districts. Our whole trek will mesmerize from far due to the Rocky Mountains with the view of snow-capped mountains. The route that goes towards the upper part of Mustang is actually the classic route of salt trading from Tibet to Nepal. The trekking to this region will obviously be fantastic.

We will start our Upper Mustang Trekking with the splendid flight over to the mountain to Jomsom accessible from Pokhara. Then we will follow the route of villages like Kagbeni, Syanbochen, Ghami, Tsarang and Lo Mangthang by viewing and enjoying the beautiful scenery of natural things presented there. On our trek, we will visit the holy places i.e. the Muktinath temple which will make ours trekking successful. Our starting and ending point for trekking will be Jomsom. The month of October, November, December, February, March, and April is regarded as the best and suitable month to do trekking in this region. Everest Trekking Routes is organizing the Upper Mustang trekking at these lands according to the wish of trekkers throughout the year.

Brief Itinerary

Day 01: Arrival to Kathmandu

Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara

Day 03: Pokhara to Jomsom to Kagbeni

Day 04: Kagbeni to Chele

Day 05: Chele to Gelling

Day 06: Gelling to Charang

Day 07: Charang to Lo Mangthang

Day 08: Lo Mangthang rest day

Day 09: Lo Mangthang to Drakmar

Day 10: Drakmar to Shyangmochen

Day 11: Shyangmochen to Chhuksang

Day 12: Chhuksang to Kagbeni

Day 13: Kagbeni to Jomsom

Day 14: Jomsom to Pokhara

Day 15: Pokhara to Kathmandu

Day 16: Farewell

Detail Itinerary

Day 01: Arrival to Kathmandu

Upon your arrival at Kathmandu at TIA, a representative of Everest Trekking Routes will warmly welcome you to Nepal and guide you towards the hotel room of Nepal. The day is of your wish. ( rest day or some sightseeing day of Kathmandu). The night will be at the hotel by discussing the trekking and enjoying the sweet dinner.

Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara

We will start our trekking with a drive over to Pokhara. The route is about 7 to 8 hours on the bus. We will surely enjoy the spectacular view of the roadside houses and forest. The night will be fascinating at Pokhara viewing some spectacular places around the lakeside. The night will be at one of the best hotels at Pokhara.

Day 03: Pokhara to Jomsom to Kagbeni

Early morning when the sun rises, we will begin our trekking by moving towards the airport to catch the flight to Jomsom. From Jomsom, we will move through the pass of Kali Gandaki river route towards the Eklebahtti to reach Kagbeni. Kagbeni is a beautiful village in this region where every one of us will be eager to stay and to know more about the beautiful village.

Day 04: Kagbeni to Chele

After visiting all around the Kagbeni in the meantime, we will resume our trekking following the way towards the restricted areas of Mustang districts. The trial goes several up and down way to reach to the Tangbe village and then Chhuksang village and finally to the Chele village. The night will be fantastic at Chele at 3100m above sea level.

Day 05: Chele to Gelling

From Chele village, the trail will climb gradually towards the Chele pass at 3630m. Continuing our trail, we will enter into the beautiful and ever going trail and then descends to Samar at 3620m. We will be serves with the natural and beautiful view mountains ranges. The trail will climb towards the Bhena La, Yamdo La and then descend towards the Shyangmochen at 3800m. Then we will walk towards the beautiful village of Gelling to clear the night.

Day 06: Gelling to Charang

We will see the early morning view of the surrounding of Gelling and will walk towards the west climbing to the gently sloped area and through the fields. Then the trail will follow towards the Tama Gaon, Nyi La pass and steeply to the Ghemi village. After spending some moments at Ghemi, we will climb towards the Choya La pass and then a gentle steep way which will lead us to Tsarang at 3560m.

Day 07: Charang to Lo Mangthang

From Charang, we will walk downward trail to cross the Charang Chu and then we need to climb the steep and rocky trail to Tholung valley. After walking through the trail for several hours, we can see the wall of Lo Mangthang. Walking for several hours will be enough for us to reach at Lo Mangthang at the altitude of 3840m.

Day 08: Lo Mangthang rest day

We will spend a day at lo Mangthang by taking rest and knowing more about the region. We will visit the local temples and monasteries with several beautiful Gompas. Similarly, interacting with the local people to get candid with their local tradition will be exhilarating. The night will be fantastic at Lo Mangthang.

Day 09: Lo Mangthang to Drakmar

From Lo Mangthang, we will climb upward the ridge at 4070m glimpsing some bravura view of Lo Mangthang from the increasing height. We will resume our way climbing to Chogo La at the altitude of 4325m. We will continue our journey until and unless we reach Drakmar stopping at many places i.e. Ghar Gompa, Chharang River and other beautiful places in that region. The night will be remarkable at Drakmar.

Day 10: Drakmar to Shyangmochen

The trail from the Drakmar will go down following the beautiful walls and fields of Drakmar. And then the trail climb towards the ridge for several moments and will descends back to Jaite after some time. From Jaite again the path goes gently to Chhung -Kah. Continuing the trail will lead us to Tama gaon and then further to Shyangmochen. The night will be memorable at Shyangmochen.

Day 11: Shyangmochen to Chhuksang

From Shyangmochen, we will again return back to Chhuksang following the same path down to the region. We can view the pleasant state of mind which will surely mesmerize many of the fellow trekkers all around us. The journey will be full of fun. After walking downward on the hourly long trail, we will spend the night at Chhuksang pleasantly.

Day 12: Chhuksang to Kagbeni

From Chhuksang, we will walk back following the return path to Kagbeni. The trekking to this returning way will memorable on our mind and will compel us to remark these moments as the best moments of our life. After the daylong walk, we will finally reach Kagbeni. If the visit to Kagbeni was not enough for the first time, then we will make another visit over to the beautiful village of Kagbeni.

Day 13: Kagbeni to Jomsom

Early morning, we will have breakfast the nearest hotel and will move towards the Jomsom. We will enjoy the return journey to the Jomsom by viewing the best sceneries with the interaction of the local people. We will have lunch on the way during the return trail to Jomsom. The night will be cool at Jomsom.

Day 14: Jomsom to Pokhara

From Jomsom, we will catch the morning flight over to Pokhara. After traveling for about 25 minutes on an airplane, we will be at Pokhara. The leisure time of the day will be obviously being spending at the Pokhara to visit around the lakeside. We will surely enjoy the day at Pokhara. Overnight at one of the best hotel arranged by Everest Trekking Routes at Pokhara.

Day 15: Pokhara to Kathmandu

From Pokhara, we will catch a bus to return back to Kathmandu. Within the interval of about 7 to 8 hours, we will be at Kathmandu valley. We will surely enjoy the road trip to Kathmandu viewing some glorious view of surrounding from the windows of the vehicle. The night will be relaxing at the best hotel in Kathmandu.

Day 16: Farewell

After having a night rest at Kathmandu, we will pack our luggage to march ourselves towards the international airport of Nepal. We have to reach air the port 3 hours before the flight. We will attend a small farewell program organized by Everest Trekking Routes. After then we will catch the flight to return back to the home country. We hope while returning back to the home country you will think for a revisit to Nepal. We hope for your better journey.

Everest Trekking Routes

Khusibu, Kathmandu, Nepal

Mobile :- +977-9843487921

Phone :- + 977-1-4387202

Email:- info@adventuremountainguide.net

Email:- info@everesttrekkingroutes.com

www.adventuremountainguide.net

www.everesttrekkingroutes.com

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb