Farewell to Some Loyal Friends


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
June 10th 2016
Published: June 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

All four of us lads started out with a bar of green soap in a lock n lock. As mine reduced I added some nice smelling white soap and some lemon soap from various hotels along the way. The resulting 'mongrel soap' was viewed with some disgust by Cas, 'only a bloke would do that'. Yes, well I am one and so I did it! However, all good things must come to an end and it's been binned as part of Operation Pack-Up And Go Home.
Cas broke my razor handle a while back. It was a chunky piece of steel and a Christmas present from a few years ago. The blade was just about useable, if not a bit tricky. But it too has been consigned to the bin.
Other items that aren't going to make it all the way home are irrecovably stained shirts, leggings and shorts, holey pants (don't ask) and Cas's plastic ziplock bags (she'd use dry bags on future trips).
Even the Winnie Mandella brown dress has been laid to rest as Cas said she 'felt like a sack of potatoes'. All I'll say on the matter is that she has many other pretty dresses, none of which resemble a sack of potatoes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0955s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb