Phakding To Namche Bazaar


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
April 18th 2015
Published: April 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone, We celebrated my birthday with brownies for dinner. Michael and Doris, tried to get a birthday cake and were going to have Bibienne written on it but went for brownies. Michael being your typical guy ate everyones leftovers and also had to try the local food, mo mo's, very similar to Chinese dumplings, flavor was cheese and potatoes. There were about 10 on the plate so we all had one to taste, quite bland but ok.
Mr Guan then said time for bed, up at 6, breakfast at 6.30 trekking at 7.
We were woken the next day and given our bowl of hot water for washing.
Had breakfast then due to rain waited for the weather to clear a little.
headed off around 8am.
The morning walk was tough but not to bad, I was having difficulty breathing as I had developed a cough, thought it was from the dust ect in Kathmandu.
Stopped for lunch in Chumawa, we were a bit behind of schedule so all had the same meal, noodles soup, very nice, we also had a pitstop, this is the start of Michaels downfall.
The mo mo's were a no no. The poor guy got food poisoning from them and had to keep having pitstops about every 10 mins.
There are lots of trekkers on the mountain and word got around about the mo mo's, while we waited for Michael to catch up people would pass us and say Mr mo mo is on his way, every time he caught up Mr Guan would say hello Mr mo mo.
This did take its toll and by the time we got to Namche our porters almost carried him to our tea house.
I wasn't much better, Mr Guan was so good to me, holding my hand when the trek got dangerous and helping on the big steps.
The trek itself had about 5000 steps in total, this could be an exaggeration on my part but I did chat with another trekkers who said he gave up counting after 2000.
We crossed the same river 4 times all suspension bridges, walked along the river bed too.
15kms and an ascent of 1050mts. That's like doing1000 steps 10 times over without coming down. buggered when I got to the tea house.
Got my gear of and climbed into my sleeping bag.
Got up about hour later for dinner. Michael was nowhere to be seen. No mo mo's tonight.
Tomorrow is a rest and aclimatisation day, not so early start.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb