Pokhara to Kathmandu and the gorgeous city of Patan


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
October 10th 2014
Published: January 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

PatanPatanPatan

View from rooftop cafe
We spent our last full day in Kathmandu together visiting the city of Patan. Located about 5 km south of Kathmandu in the Kathmandu Valley, on the southern side of the Bagmati River, Patan is one of the 3 royal cities in the valley. The others are Kathmandu and Bhaktapur - I'm yet to visit Bhakapur but will definitely do so next year as I've been wanting to since we first visited Nepal.

We arrived in Patan and decided to head to a roof top cafe overlooking Durbar Square. We chilled out, sharing momos, enjoyed icy cold beer and looked at the temples all in comfort! Gav had been here with Thomo last year and didn't think it was worth it to pay the $$ just to get in and walk around. The views we had over the square and Patan were excellent so we were happy to agree! After our rooftop break from the heat we ventured down to wander the streets of Patan. It's hard to explain so we'll let the photos talk for themselves, but we loved the whole area - mainly away from tourists with really old buildings and just a great vibe all in all.
Patan, KathmanduPatan, KathmanduPatan, Kathmandu

Typical traditional shop


We spent our last night together back in Katmandu at a yummy Indian restaurant - great ambiance (especially when we had a power black out!) and delicious Indian food...

The next day Gav flew back home to Aus whilst Mia and I had another couple of days in Kathmandu before flying to Singapore for our 18 day girl’s holiday. Before we left, the two of us enjoyed some girl time, shopping for Mia and her friends and having a lovely foot massage!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Patan, KathmanduPatan, Kathmandu
Patan, Kathmandu

Overlooking Durbar Square
Patan, KathmanduPatan, Kathmandu
Patan, Kathmandu

Durbar Square
Back in ThamelBack in Thamel
Back in Thamel

Night out at Indian restaurant
Back in ThamelBack in Thamel
Back in Thamel

Foot massage!


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb