Kathmandu Redux


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
October 20th 2011
Published: June 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Oct 20, 2011

Our time was up too soon in Pokhara and it was now back to Kat to hang out for a day and then catch our flight home...normally on these trips we like to splurge and get a really nice place for our last night or two but it just didn't seem right if we didn't go back and see the gang at Hotel Potala, so back to the scene of the crime it was! Haha...

Managed to take in the ancient city of Patan upon our return, now a suburb of Kathmandu...same feel as Bhaktapur, but unfortunately by this time we were a little templed out so didn't enjoy it as much, but if you have time it's worth the visit (if you don't have the time I would recommend Bhaktapur over Patan). Also made it out to Bodhnath (Boudha), an enormous stupa with the eyes of Buddha peering out in all four directions...every day tons of pilgrims make their daily ritual of circumnavigating the stupa and spinning the prayer wheels mounted in the walls along the base. It is beautiful and reputed to be the most impressive stupa in Nepal, do not miss this site...
I see you Coomby...I see you Coomby...I see you Coomby...

No matter where I went, those eyes were staring at me...haha...


That's it, short but sweet...fantastic trip overall and hope to someday get back to Nepal...enjoy the pics and stay tuned for the next adventure...


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Extreme Close-UPExtreme Close-UP
Extreme Close-UP

Complete with beard-saplings
CourtyardCourtyard
Courtyard

...at Patan
Bodhnath StupaBodhnath Stupa
Bodhnath Stupa

Beautiful...


11th September 2012

Cool trip Canuck!
11th September 2012

Thanks Andrea...it was a fantastic trip, would love to get back to Nepal again, beautiful place and people...

Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 38; qc: 157; dbt: 0.1501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb