Pictures! Finally!


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
July 13th 2008
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Finally some pictures! Aren't you excited? These go through Patan/Durbar Square (July 6-9). I'm not loading that many for each day because it took an hour to load just these 19! So now I'm out of time! At least you get a glimpse. I'll load the rest later. No time to write about our village stay at Lamatar right now so you'll have to wait for that too. Lets just say it was amazing with a bunch of mud and leeches thrown in...


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

KathmanduKathmandu
Kathmandu

Kathmandu from a rooftop cafe
Hindu TempleHindu Temple
Hindu Temple

The Hindu temple that I still can't remember the name of...
CremationCremation
Cremation

I think I forgot to mention that before they cremate the bodies they remove the corneas from their eyes. They then give them to blind people so that they can see. Supposedly it works...
Welcome DinnerWelcome Dinner
Welcome Dinner

Our group plus a couple other volunteers from other programs
Tikka WelcomeTikka Welcome
Tikka Welcome

Notice the red tikka on our foreheads... (the people are from left: Kenny, Dori, me, Laura)
JabeJabe
Jabe

Our Nepalese friend who can speak 500 languages! (Durbar Square)


13th July 2008

Thanks for the Pictures
Eryn-Thanks for the great pictures. What a great adventure that you are on. Please keep the updates coming for those of us stuck in AK.
13th July 2008

Eryn these pictures are pretty much amazing! It seriously looks like your are having no choice but to have a great and whats more fascinating time, as it seems to me that there is enough of a cultural difference to really feel like you're exploring a new world! I know you will continue having a blast, and we all miss you!
13th July 2008

Also, the picture of Kathmandu through the trees is gorgeous!
13th July 2008

AMAZING!!!
those pictures are beautiful!!! can i please come visit you!!!! that little boy is cute :) i miss you tons!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 delana
13th July 2008

Wow! It looks really pretty there...those temples are very neat!
14th July 2008

photos
The photos are great. It looks fascinating. Glad you did not get very sick.
19th July 2008

Responding to Delana
Yes come visit me! Right now! I miss you!

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb