Mt. Everest


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Everest flight
February 2nd 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Top of the world.

Heading to Nepal, we were most excited about seeing Mt. Everest. I was not aware that Kathmandu would turn out to be such a charming city. The people were very friendly, even without introduction. The mood is laid back but the people we met were worldly and intelligent.

But this blog is about Mt. Everest which is 29,000 feet. Mt. Shasta which is in California where I am from is about 14,000 feet. We took a flight along the Himalayas that lasted about an hour. We flew from Kathmandu along the Himalayas until we reached Mt. Everest, and then flew back. It is without question a big peace of earth. We expected that, but it was the mountains around Mt. Everest that surprised us. Mt. Everest just happens to be the tallest.

If you were to surround yourself with a group of 8 foot tall men, would a man in the group who was 1 inch taller really stand out? The Himalayas have nine of the top ten highest mountains in the world. These mountains are majestic, and the one that is one inch taller, speaking relatively, is mostly all that is talked about around the world. Can you name the 28,500 foot mountain that is next to Mt. Everest? Can you name the 28,400 foot mountain next to that?

If one of these 'shorter' unknown mountains moved next to Mt. Shasta, you would know its name (assuming you are from my neck of the woods). But because it is next to Mt. Everest, you don't.






Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



12th February 2008

Beautiful
What an awesome view!!!!!!!!! Hope you guys are doing well :)

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1098s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb