Adventurous Reality of Trekking


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Himalayas
May 26th 2019
Published: May 26th 2019
Edit Blog Post

I am Ramesh Bajgain, a managing director of Nepal Holiday Treks and Tours Pvt. Ltd. Nepal Holiday Treks and Tours is a trekking office situated at Chhetrapati chowk. I am the owner of the company, I designed trekking and tour packages, Besides, I even go with my clients as a trekking guide sometimes.

Till today, we have served more than 100 groups of Tourists from many countries and continue to keep this stream going through with relentless efforts. Our objective through the company is to ensure that our clients do not feel that they have spent their precious money but rather invested in an experience that will last them a lifetime.

In addition, our guides have been trained to play varying roles; we understand that a trip to the Himalayas is nothing short of its challenges that are why our guides are there with helpful tips, skills, and friendship which are very important aspects to making a trip successful and meaningful.

Some of the Accidents happened with people on 22 April to 10 May, due to not hiring trekking guide, when I was in the field with clients in Everest Region. On the way I saw the following accident, So, I prepared this blog to suggest and inform trekker’s friends about the accident and take this accident seriously not to let it repeat again. Some of that accident in the lap of Everest Region are:

A citizen of Poland died at Lobuche 4910 m

It is a dream of almost all people to go to the Everest Region. But everyone is unknown about the important role of guides. Trekking in the Everest region without a guide is not possible to complete the trek risking your life.

Unfortunately, one trekker at Lobuche died due to his stupidity of not taking any guide with him. He suffered from high altitude sickness. He won’t have lost his life if he had taken a guide along with him. He would not have died if only he had hired a guide during his trek.

This is the busiest season, so the hotels are all packed. The capacity of the hotel is more than 100 people. It is so difficult for the hotel owner to look after all the guests. The Hotel owner is too busy with remaining clients, in the meantime, he couldn’t call a helicopter to rescue and provide oxygen. If there was a guide with him then he won’t have lost his life as a guide would call a helicopter and provide oxygen immediately.

A citizen of Malaysia died at Dengboche 4410 m

A citizen of Malaysia also died at Dengboche due to high altitude sickness. He again did the same mistake, as he also went alone taking no guide with him. Going without a guide means risking your life and challenging death. Every time you are not lucky enough to survive from high altitude sickness. So it will be better to take an experienced licensed holder guide to be safe from unexpected events. A guide will definitely save you from High Altitude Sickness and other uncertain incidents.

A Nepali porter died at Thukla 4620 m

A porter died in the way of Thukla. He was a local porter of Lukla who took some clients from Lukla but died due to altitude sickness in the way of Thukla. To his bad luck he had no insurance claims, nor well – recognized trekking agency.

If the travellers had joined with the Trekking agency, then they would provide a qualified guide and porter with insurance policy facilities and other facilities related to food, lodging and clothing to guide and porter. But the local guide and porter are not qualified nor facilitated with Insurance policy. Thus, In case of such an accident, the trekking agencies would provide insurance facilities to their family after their death.

Some of the trekking guide and porter that are hired at Lukla are not well experienced about guiding in the Everest Region. They are not experienced enough to guide you right all the time. They even don’t have an insurance policy. Some of them may take advance from clients to provide food and lodging facilities and run away at the meanwhile and some may throw out the backpacks. In case, if the guide and porter that are hired from Lukla died in the way, then the family of the victim may catch you on the way and forcefully ask you some amount of money for them.

An American died from the push of Donkey at Phakding 2610 m

An American trekker died from the push of Donkey at Phakding in the Everest region, doing trekking. If only he had a guide with him he should not have lost his life. If he had chosen a guide to come along with him, instead of trekking alone, then he would get good suggestions and instructions in the way from his trekking guide.

He had no knowledge about trekking. He only had heard the name of Everest Region. If he had joined with trekking agencies then they would provide a well-experienced guide to lead him in the Everest Region. In the way, a guide would lead him and provide information regarding how to deal with people and animals in the way.

Thus from the following information, we can understand how much it is important to take a trekking guide with us during trekking so that we won’t face such kinds of the risky situation on the way. A guide not only plays the role of the map to your trekking route but also plays the role of a life saviour. So it’s a request to you to joint with the reputed trekking agency so that they will provide you with a qualified, experienced and government licensed holder guide with you all along the trek to show you direction as well as for your safety.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb