Nagarkot - Bhaktapur


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Bhaktapur » Durbar Square
March 11th 2013
Published: March 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After 2 days both spent in bed due to food poisoning, we had to alter our plans to go hiking for 2 days in the outskirt of the Kathmandu Valley and make our way to Nagarkot then Bhaktapur by Taxi. A heafty taxi fare in local terms but the thought of being able to lure Mt Everest in the distance at Sunrise was too tempting. Although we were able to see part of the Himalayas we were not quite fortunate to see the big one this time round. On our way back from Ngarkot we visited the beatiful city of Bhaktapur; hopefully the city can remained preserved as it has been so far, both me and Carmen very much enjoyed walking down the streets and squares that still remain intact with time.

This was our final day out in Nepal and our Flight would be the next day, leaving behind so much more to explore the next time we visit this beautiful and so varied country. As far as I'm concerned I need to find a way to cure my fear of hights, this in order to go back and complete some of the other treks Nepal has to offer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Bhaktapur city entranceBhaktapur city entrance
Bhaktapur city entrance

Sun is rising on the city.
Bhaktapur localsBhaktapur locals
Bhaktapur locals

Just hanging out at the city gate


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb