Day 16 - Annapurna Circuit - Ghasa (2010m) to Tatopani (1190m)


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna » Annapurna Circuit
May 24th 2018
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Leaving the village we had a mountain dog escorting us as has often been the case in small rural areas. We had our trekking passes stamped and crossed the river. There was a lot of rain the night before and so we were now walking in very humid rain forest. The paths were mainly big stones jumbled together to make stepping stone stairs and we walked along the side of the valley following the river down through tiny villages with only 3 or 4 small wooden houses. One old lady in one of the villages was selling tea so we stopped and rested as none of us wanted to rush through the last day. After tea we continued on and past 5 school kids on there 2 hour commute to school. They spoke amazing English and were really cheeky and inquisitive. We pushed on and to our right we could see a huge waterfall on the other side of the valley hundreds of metres high. Further on we descended and came across a big fat pig! A few more hours and we made it to Tatopani! We all had a cuddle and patted ourselves on the back. This would be where our trek would officially end and we will be heading back to civilisation. We found a beautiful peaceful spot of a guesthouse and feasted on the best burger we had in all of the trip!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb