Manasalu Region Trekking Information


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna » Annapurna Circuit
April 22nd 2018
Published: April 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Manaslu Region Trekking Information

Have you got an experience of trekking in less crowded and one of the remotest areas in Nepal? The answer will either yes but once is not enough or no. Both mean that they want to make a trekking trip such region where one can experience a complete remoteness, solitude, and wilderness. In the same way, Manasalu Region Trekking is famous for experiencing a true form of nature and typical Nepali lifestyle untouched by so-called modernization. Furthermore, Manasalu Region is still uncovered. Therefore, solitude and wilderness lovers find it an as an ultimate destination for trekking. Mount Manaslu(8163m) is a dominant view in this trekking.

Is Manasalu Trekking an Adventure Trekking?

The answer is ‘Yes’. The trekkers have to triumph over Larka La Pass (5200m) which is one of the highest passes in the world. In fact, the trekking begins with the elevation of around 1000m and has to get 5200m.

Do we need to get a special trekking permit to enter Manaslu Region?

The answer is ‘Yes’. Since Manaslu Trekking is a restricted area trekking in Nepal, trekkers have to attain a special trekking permit. For this, we can ask help with the company through which we are making our trekking to this area. Relatively, it will be comfortable for us.

Physical fitness?

Since the trekking goes beyond one of the highest passes in the world, Larkya La Pass, it is challenging. Of course, it is not possible without good physical fitness. Thus, it is recommended to a good deal of physical fitness and also do some preparations of trekking.

Accommodation

Since Manaslu Trekking is newly opened region in Nepal for trekking, the accommodation will be simple in tea houses. This accommodation will be on the basis of twin sharing. If any of the trekkers prefer single supplementary, it is possible but one has to make an extra payment.

Meals

Unlike in other facilitated regions, we cannot get a variety of food items on the menu. They will offer us mostly local food items like Tibetan bread, tsampa porridge, Nepali Dal Bhat and other similar items made up of local things.

Best Season to Travel

March to May in spring and September to mid-December. We do not ensure to take you to Manaslu region during Summer and Winter.

Highlights of Manasalu Region Trekking

1. Wilderness and Remoteness

One of the prime highlights of Manasalu Trekking is its Wilderness and Remoteness. The most typical and remotest form of the living and the most wilderness can be experienced through this trekking.

2. less Exposed and less Crowded Region in the mountain of Nepal

Manaslu trekking is winning the heart of the trekkers these days. This is because this region is less exposed to the trekkers. Secondly, particularly, Manasalu region is less flocked with tourists and the explorers. The solitary lovers truly find this region trekking a brilliant.

3. Tsum- Valley

A secluded and hidden valley surrounded by mountain peaks include Ganesh Himal, Buddha Himal and so on in the restricted area. The dialect is, culture and religion are primarily unique. Without stepping into this mesmerizing valley, Manasalu Region Trekking is considered to be incomplete. Thus, Tsum Valley, a hidden gem, is a must visit valley in Manasalu Region.

4. Holy Monasteries/ Gompas

The gompas here belong to Tibetan people ancient origin and civilization. The ancient monasteries in Manasalu region are considerably popular for carrying age-old history, civilization, and dialect. The major gompas in Manasalu region are Rachen Gompa, Mu Gompa, Dephyudonma Gompa.

5. Larkya La Pass (5200m)

Manaslu Larkya La Pass is one of the world’s highest passes. Therefore, it is demanding. It demands a sound physical fitness with primary trekking and hiking training. However, the pass will let the adventure enthusiasts experience the true form of thrills.

Where does Manaslu Trekking begin and end?

Normally, Manasalu Region Trekking begins from Arughat Bazar which located at the border of Dhading and Gorkha district. And the trekking ends at Besisahar.

Means of Transportation

No domestic flights link Manasalu region from Kathmandu. We have to use either local bus or private jeep for the transportation since there is no availability luxury tourist bus service to connect both stations.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb