Trans siberian - final destination - UB to Peking


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia » Ulaanbaatar
March 15th 2009
Published: March 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Having spent a couple of chilly days in outer mongolia we were looking forward to heading to warmer climates..and offloading our siberian winter gear for good!

Another day and half train journey to china with another long tedious boaders crossing...but this time we had pot noodles to look forward to instead of soup😊. The train was a bit of a let down after our luxurious cabin to mongolia- but our chinese roomate made up for it.....we were quickly befriended by lian juan jiun who turned out to be our guardian angel within hours he had cured my cough and him and his friends kept us entertained throughout...english vs chinese lessons, we taught him how to use a digital camera and in exchange he taught us how to write our names in chinese.

Lou also managed to lose her money belt although she hadnt realised and the kind train guard returned it to her with everything still in it...... she was very lucky! and returned the favour by writing lots of nice comments about them in their comment and suggestions book!

Cant believe we have to leave our train which has been our home for 6 days we are really going to miss it and all the crazy people we met along the way....but looking forward to China and the rest of our travels!






Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb