Mongolia


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia » Ulaanbaatar
July 4th 2007
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It's our final day in Mongolia - have arrived back in Ulaan Baatar after two days in a ger camp in the countryside, in a beautiful valley surrounded by hills and mountains, with nothing but horses, cows, marmots and a few Mongolian nomads for company. What an amazing experience - challenges Lake Baikal for being the highlight of the trip so far. Went horse riding two days in a row - the first a trip to Turtle Rock, the second a visit to a nomad family. I'm aching in muscles and joints I never knew I had. The horse riding was great, just slightly outside my comfort zone when they start galloping and I was hanging on for dear life......

Whoever started the rumour about how bad Mongolian food is was way of the mark - I haven't eaten so well (or so much) for the whole trip. And washed down well with some Chingis Beer and Chingis Vodka.

Ulaan Baatar is a crazy town, not the most picturesque, but a lot of fun. Went to a couple of museums the first day here, a buddhist temple (with a 26m gold buddha!!) followed by a show on Mongolian dance and music (amazing music btw, will have to check it out when i get back) and a well dodgy club ("Julie's Place"!!). Went for a curry at the Taj Mahal when we got back today (fantastic!) and planning a big night out to celebrate our last day all together as Ruth and Kat are staying on in Mongolia while we head to Beijing tomorrow morning.

China beckons, let's hope it's half as good as the rest of the trip so far.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb