Time to leave


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Lhaviyani Atoll
June 30th 2008
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Bye bye 38 secs
The heavens reflected our sadness this morning. The rain was pouring torrentially and apparently was set to stay like that for a week! Good job our time there was spent under the sunny rays instead of rain clouds. We were very fortunate. The alarm woke us up and we had to shower in the cool rain, before finishing our packing. A chap arrived to pick up our bags and drop us off at the breakfast hall, all-be-it in a very sodden state as the cart seats were sopping wet and the rain was lashing in on us.

We enjoyed our last breakfast and our Sri Lankan chef whipped up a delicious omelet for our last meal there. We ate with the sounds of the rain pouring down and were wondering whether our little air taxi would be able to handle the storm or would it be cancelled with us having to stay a few more days? We were hoping for the latter, but to our disappointment we were told our taxi was running about 20 minutes late so we waited in reception being careful not to slip on the wet tile floor.

Finally we were told our taxi is on its way so the cart drove us down to the little terminal to wait a few moments before it landed. The 15 seater plane was full, so we were lucky all our bags could fit it. As we took off we felt mellow seeing the sandy bank fly past our window followed by our bungalow and then the rest of the island before it disappeared into the distance. The 40 minute flight wasn’t too rough or bumpy, but the weather had set in so the views were partly obscured by clouds.

Arriving back on the airports island the pilot spun the air taxi around in a swift maneuver to parallel park the plane in one go! I was impressed! We hopped off and waited for our hand luggage and then the shuttle bus took us to the main building to check in. After a short while we were walking to our luxury carrier - ha - and then we settled in for our long flight home.

The sun came out a little bit offering us lovely views across the ocean as we left the Maldives. It was such a shame to leave as we had a lovely time there and can’t wait to return for a top up dose of The Maldives!

Till next time,

Love Gail and Liisa xxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 17; qc: 98; dbt: 0.1868s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb