Lashings of Rain


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Lhaviyani Atoll
June 22nd 2008
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was more of the same; sun, eat, swim, snorkel, eat again and this time with some added rain! In the morning Gail was going to head out snorkelling on her own while I stayed back to lie in the sun, but the weather was changing with big black ominous clouds coming towards us in the sky. The snorkelling trip was cancelled due to the weather in the morning and so we just lazed around until the sheets of rain stopped falling and then we sat in the sun. I felt a bit brazen and so sprayed tanning oil on and then sat out and fried like a sausage in a frying pan! A bad move as it made me feel ill. In the afternoon the 4pm trip was on, so Gail headed off as I stayed back suffering from a touch of heat stroke from being out in the sun too long covered in cooking oil! Unfortunately Ali wasn’t there and so another of the dive master led the group, but he wasn’t a proficient leader as Ali. The new guy obligingly took photos for us, so at least that was good. At dinner all the staff kept asking us when we were leaving and then they looked forlorn to discover it was so soon. They said they would miss us - isn’t that sweet!




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb