Maldives: Just Another Day in Paradise


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Ari Atoll
November 21st 2016
Published: November 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

It wasn't a short or easy trip, but we have landed in the Maldives. We left India on a little prop plane and landed in the capital city, Male.

There we got a sea plane transfer which dropped us in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Luckily a boat was waiting for us and took us to the island of Huvahendhoo.

Needless to say, it was worth the hassle. Here we are, in paradise. The noise, grit and crowds of India seem like a million miles away as we are surrounded by nothing but palm trees and clear blue ocean waters.

Having a husband who loves to SCUBA diving has it's advantages. It is a sport that typically involves tropical locals, the dive centers usually partner up with a grand resort and there is no expectation that I join him under the water. Win. Win. Win.

Our little island consists of bungalows and villas that stand over the ocean water and have glass floors, a few restaurants, a few bars, a spa and, of course, a dive center. The restaurants, reception area and bars are all sand floors, so the inside melds seemlessly with the outside.

The weather is gorgeous, even when it rains.

I could get used to island life. All this week, I have not even bothered to wear shoes, make-up or pants!

We are on an all-inclusive plan which means the only tasks dad and I must accomplish each day include breakfast, lunch and dinner. If we are having a hectic day, our to do list may also include snacks and cocktails. We are all eating like we are on death row.

With this ultimate level of gluttony, I have had to learn some self-restraint. This resulted in me setting some personal rules or guidelines, even while on vacation:

Rule #1: No more than 3 Nutella crepes at breakfast each day.

Rule #2: Only consume up to 4 frozen strawberry drinks per day.

Rule #3: No sweets between meals. Snickers from the mini bar do not count as sweets.

Rule #4: Wine only at lunch and dinner.

As you can see, sometimes being an adult on vacation can be difficult.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Our Lounge ChairsOur Lounge Chairs
Our Lounge Chairs

They even have our room number on them. Yes, that is our view...


25th November 2016

Thanks for taking me along with you
Hi Val, I'm making this note short, since submitting a comment on your blog does not work smoothly. Nevertheless, love being reminded of the diversity of life in India - backwater overnight, island visit, camels and more camels... You are both a great writer and photographer.
27th November 2016

by Nicklas 27 November, 05:20 p.m.
by Nicklas 27 November, 05:20 p.m.
28th November 2016

Adventure
I can't believe! The most adventurous person I know wouldn't go scuba diving!!!!!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 133; dbt: 0.1433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb